IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

The one single player affecting the stalemate is their nr 17 (Aluko?). We look solid and it's not like watching Donald Duck (shit served for years). Great to see the commoradeship between COD and Vyner. They work together and push each other. Something for Baker and Flint to learn frtom. We look week in central midfield and one of those shots on counter attack will eventually go in. Smith out and Pack in. COD to the left and Paterson replaced by Eliasson playing on the right side of midfield. COYR!! Not everyday it's not total shit.   

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The one single player affecting the stalemate is their nr 17 (Aluko?). We look solid and it's not like watching Donald Duck (shit served for years). Great to see the commoradeship between COD and Vyner. They work together and push each other. Something for Baker and Flint to learn frtom. We look week in central midfield and one of those shots on counter attack will eventually go in. Smith out and Pack in. COD to the left and Paterson replaced by Eliasson playing on the right side of midfield. COYR!! Not everyday it's not total shit.   

More relevant on the matchday thread Tommy.:whistle2:

8 hours ago, 54-46 said:

What's the story behind this mate?

After a well known fan died the idea of fans mural came about. an artist was contacted about doing some work and was up for it. next time he was contacted his attitude changed 100% when he realised it was to do with Bristol City and in memory of fans who had passed on.  he was totally uninterested in even suggesting somebody who might be able to help out paint something for City fans who had died. it was disrespectful. and there he is painting at the home of fans he clearly thinks nothing of.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember there was talk of fans doing the high sides of the 2 houses you walk between as you head towards the Dolman/Atyeo corner from Ashton Road.

Any update on this?

two years ago that. people were still waiting for the  get back to you in we'll get back to you. loose idea get local artists involved supporters groups and fans working together and it was suggested to Bristol Sport to use upfest. it was not the houses but the  side of the Atyeo or Dolman or car park wall.

6 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

two years ago that. people were still waiting for the  get back to you in we'll get back to you. loose idea get local artists involved supporters groups and fans working together and it was suggested to Bristol Sport to use upfest.

All sounds great to me, hopefully BS will come round to that way of thinking in the near future too.

21 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

True, but two out of three ain't bad. 

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb. There was a day when I thought the club would never venture down this road. The grey/bland interior of the Gate is quite a disappointment given its splendid rebuild. There may be some who'll think this "isn't art"/"it's vandalism" but Bristol is culturally known for its high, high quality in this area and, given that doesn't apply necessarily to the football, I think we should embrace it. I've long wished for Cheo or Inkie or Nick Walker or Sickboy (not the one outta Trainspotting) or Stik to do something within our walls. The David James/3 Lions pieces on the wall at the back of the EE were a good start, a great start. We should build on that. Go to Reading tomorrow, see if they have anything - anything - remotely approaching what we have in our fair city. Go to 60, 70, 80% of away grounds and look to find something unique, parochial, emblematic...we don't find it, do we. This should be a fan priority.

Fair play. Fair play City and all involved, no matter what we think of the Suits/BristolSport etc. This could be (almost) unique (don't tell me Crystal ****** Palace do it), our Fab Four, our Ian MacMillan, our Maradona, our Albert Camus.

Sort of.

Admire your knowledge. Not my thing but I agree that is something locally distinctive - something Bristol! Fair play to the club!

5 hours ago, Three Lions said:

After a well known fan died the idea of fans mural came about. an artist was contacted about doing some work and was up for it. next time he was contacted his attitude changed 100% when he realised it was to do with Bristol City and in memory of fans who had passed on.  he was totally uninterested in even suggesting somebody who might be able to help out paint something for City fans who had died. it was disrespectful. and there he is painting at the home of fans he clearly thinks nothing of.

I remember mention of the mural. Didn't know the rest 

What a shithouse!

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:50, Huntstile Red said:

True, but two out of three ain't bad. 

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb. There was a day when I thought the club would never venture down this road. The grey/bland interior of the Gate is quite a disappointment given its splendid rebuild. There may be some who'll think this "isn't art"/"it's vandalism" but Bristol is culturally known for its high, high quality in this area and, given that doesn't apply necessarily to the football, I think we should embrace it. I've long wished for Cheo or Inkie or Nick Walker or Sickboy (not the one outta Trainspotting) or Stik to do something within our walls. The David James/3 Lions pieces on the wall at the back of the EE were a good start, a great start. We should build on that. Go to Reading tomorrow, see if they have anything - anything - remotely approaching what we have in our fair city. Go to 60, 70, 80% of away grounds and look to find something unique, parochial, emblematic...we don't find it, do we. This should be a fan priority.

Fair play. Fair play City and all involved, no matter what we think of the Suits/BristolSport etc. This could be (almost) unique (don't tell me Crystal ****** Palace do it), our Fab Four, our Ian MacMillan, our Maradona, our Albert Camus.

Sort of.

Cheo has already painted at Ashton Gate and created various pieces for City fans in South Bristol, as did others in unison with fans and as fans themselves.

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb ... I would disagree if the artist has a known antipathy to City fans.

Bristol City fans were at the forefront of street art being introduced into football fan culture. Right at the front well before the Community Trust wall. One of the first pieces of football street art if not the first was Gasbusters via youth worker John nation at Barton Hill Youth Centre

Bristol Sport have ignored what is a unique culture under their noses.

32 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Cheo has already painted at Ashton Gate and created various pieces for City fans in South Bristol, as did others in unison with fans and as fans themselves.

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb ... I would disagree if the artist has a known antipathy to City fans.

Bristol City fans were at the forefront of street art being introduced into football fan culture. Right at the front well before the Community Trust wall. One of the first pieces of football street art if not the first was Gasbusters via youth worker John nation at Barton Hill Youth Centre

Bristol Sport have ignored what is a unique culture under their noses.

"To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb ... I would disagree if the artist has a known antipathy to City fans."

I'd have thought that was pretty obviously what I was saying, if you read between the lines. I didn't say Cheo hadn't painted City related stuff; that I wished he would, and that it could be permanent. I'm well aware of the gasbusters piece, I've reprinted it in City fanzines. I'm far from an apologist for Bristol Sport and they have maybe ignored the culture and that's hardly surprising, but this is happening now inside the ground. That's got to be more of a good thing than a bad thing. We can keep asking for fan involvement, that would be better, but at least something is happening rather than nothing. Some people would prefer nothing rather than Suits involved and they're entitled to their opinion, as I am to mine that this is better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, Huntstile Red said:

"To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb ... I would disagree if the artist has a known antipathy to City fans."

I'd have thought that was pretty obviously what I was saying, if you read between the lines. I didn't say Cheo hadn't painted City related stuff; that I wished he would, and that it could be permanent. I'm well aware of the gasbusters piece, I've reprinted it in City fanzines. I'm far from an apologist for Bristol Sport and they have maybe ignored the culture and that's hardly surprising, but this is happening now inside the ground. That's got to be more of a good thing than a bad thing. We can keep asking for fan involvement, that would be better, but at least something is happening rather than nothing. Some people would prefer nothing rather than Suits involved and they're entitled to their opinion, as I am to mine that this is better than nothing. 

A baffling uneven post.

Your post fails to point out that Bristol City fans have a history involving street (associated) art within Ashton Gate. What is new here is the total lack of any (?) fan involvement.

Bristol Sport have chosen to ignore fan requests and fan culture. That is not a maybe unless Ciderhead's post is malicious. And that is happening right now. Why is ignoring those requests good, or surprising?

Do you feel it is appropriate that an artist being described as a shithouse and disrespectful to Bristol City fans Is being used by Bristol Sport to paint on behalf of BCFC (us?), Good or bad?

Some people would prefer nothing rather than Suits involved and they're entitled to their opinion .. There is a narrative in this thread that is not about doing nothing, but fans and club working together (they have in the past) ... What is wrong with that? It would have avoided the shithouse's and disrespectful of this world being involved.  

Nothing baffling or uneven about it. What is baffling is why should I have to point out whatever it was you said, something about the history of City/art? You pointed it out, why do I need to repeat it? For the umpteenth time, on the balance of things the current situation is nearer to good than bad - which is exactly what I have been saying, no need for inference here - that something is being done. That means there are elements that aren't great, you've pointed out what they are, but overall it's better something than nothing. I can't make head nor tail of yr last point, but obviously I'm not suggesting it's wrong for fans/club to work together. But that isn't happening as it's been pointed out. I don't know if that means you'd rather nothing was done, unless it was fan-led, I can't work that out, but I've just got an opinion. It's a forum, I'm just saying what I think. It's quite clear that the majority of people on this thread think it's nearer to being a good thing rather than bad. Most of us are keeping clear of the politics and just thinking about what it'll look like as opposed to a grey wall. It appears the politics is closer to your heart so fair enough. Others of us are looking at things from a different angle, that's all.

20 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

Nothing baffling or uneven about it. What is baffling is why should I have to point out whatever it was you said, something about the history of City/art? You pointed it out, why do I need to repeat it? For the umpteenth time, on the balance of things the current situation is nearer to good than bad - which is exactly what I have been saying, no need for inference here - that something is being done. That means there are elements that aren't great, you've pointed out what they are, but overall it's better something than nothing. I can't make head nor tail of yr last point, but obviously I'm not suggesting it's wrong for fans/club to work together. But that isn't happening as it's been pointed out. I don't know if that means you'd rather nothing was done, unless it was fan-led, I can't work that out, but I've just got an opinion. It's a forum, I'm just saying what I think. It's quite clear that the majority of people on this thread think it's nearer to being a good thing rather than bad. Most of us are keeping clear of the politics and just thinking about what it'll look like as opposed to a grey wall. It appears the politics is closer to your heart so fair enough. Others of us are looking at things from a different angle, that's all.

Another baffling and uneven post. 

What is baffling is why should I have to point out whatever it was you said, something about the history of City/art?

Because it is a relevant BCFC and fan history and you failed to acknowledge something that was factually incorrect within your post.

Only yourself has made that point regarding suits and doing nothing. Ciderheads post is not about doing nothing. It is an easy point to understand.

Do the majority on this thread really think as you do that an artist who has been described as a shithouse, disrespectful to fans and a memorial in remembrance of Bristol City supporters is an appropriate individual to paint on behalf of Bristol City and its fans?

I would disagree.

14 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

I'd have thought that was pretty obviously what I was saying, if you read between the lines.

reading between the lines it seems to be that you have already said its true they used an artist who took the piss over the City fans memorial mural in West street but its ok good superb. it would be different if that was your mates on it.

I don't know much about graffiti, just I like what I like and can appreciate a lot of the Upfest work in the area and a few years ago in the city centre, but I'm not sure about mixing up the styles on the same piece?  Already there are two font styles used and now someone else is going to do the middle bit, and from the little I know his style doesn't fit in with what's there. I quite like his stuff, but if he paints in his style(and why wouldn't he) it won't look right, imo. And as the centre piece could make or break the whole thing.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't know much about graffiti, just I like what I like and can appreciate a lot of the Upfest work in the area and a few years ago in the city centre, but I'm not sure about mixing up the styles on the same piece?  Already there are two font styles used and now someone else is going to do the middle bit, and from the little I know his style doesn't fit in with what's there. I quite like his stuff, but if he paints in his style(and why wouldn't he) it won't look right, imo. And as the centre piece could make or break the whole thing.

I don't know much about graffiti ... It is not graffiti if it is not illegal. This wll be highly professional work at its zenith. The people involved are professional artists except maybe Voyder, but the others do commissioned work for companies like Sega, the BBC etc. That's the slick corporate end.  

Its not unusual for multiple artist to work on a mural. It will look impressive, if not  a mite  conservative e.g. Inkies lettering is hardly stretching his skills and he does it time and time again to perfection. One person will often do the lettering, one the background and one a centre piece because they are more skilled at each aspect. The artsts chosen have nil connection to Bristol City, are not really that local but are very very good at what they do. It would be hard to find anyone better except maybe Cheo who is well know amongst City fans, Mates of fans and  isn't a **** unlike ...  

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I don't know much about graffiti ... It is not graffiti if it is not illegal. This wll be highly professional work at its zenith. The people involved are professional artists except maybe Voyder, but the others do commissioned work for companies like Sega, the BBC etc. That's the slick corporate end.  

Why so pedantic and unnecessarily  combative in this thread - it was obvious what she was saying.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why so pedantic and unnecessarily  combative in this thread - it was obvious what she was saying.

The poster stated they knew little about graffiti and had concerns about what the piece will look like..  

Graffiti is the de baron, 2 much, dbk who to some are anti social etc.

Inike paints legally and can be awe inspiring and left his illegal past behind for a professional one some time ago. It is no bog standard in street parlance toy tagging things ...

Archived