IGNORED

BCTV (Merged)

Redmycolour

3 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Yeh but not on mobile or tablet 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi? If you're out and about and using data it might not let you. I've been in my car before trying to watch stuff on the BBC IPlayer and it wont let me unless I connect to Wi-Fi. Usually it comes up with a message saying this service isn't provided for people outside of the UK. If you are connected to Wi-Fi then I haven't got a Scooby mate. Best of luck 

9 hours ago, redmycolour said:

I understood when I subscribed to this service that it was £5 pm,for. Live audio streaming, now I find its not available on mobile  or tablet,in this country, advice please,

You can use a proxy (VPN), to be able to stream it. Google it if you don't know what it is.

In a nutshell, you connect to a server outside of the UK, which then connects to BCTV, tricking it in to thinking you're outside of the UK.

This is all for educational purposes of course, I am definitely not recommending you to do it. I would not suggest making your subscription more worth while.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Or @Tammys Scan you could not advertise educational advise so openly in a place where the 'authorities' could read it and then look into blocking the work around, as platforms like iplayer/Netflix etc have done, or attempted to......:whistle:

Fortunately it's basically impossible, Netflix a billion pound company can't block it so I'd be... quite, surprised if City could.

3 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Fortunately it's basically impossible, Netflix a billion pound company can't block it so I'd be... quite, surprised if City could.

City's IT dept is one that the world is taking notice of don't you know.  Bringing through the youngsters, using geekzone to analyse the stats etc. Netflix, the BBC and Jeff Belos are about to poach Wayne and Dazza, we're on the up.

Read other posts on another thread. When you do log on, having subscribed, you'll be taken to your account details! 

Scroll back up to the top and on the right hand side you'll see a 'back to bcfc.co.uk' box. Click on this. The site now knows you're a subscriber BUT you have to do everything again re selecting bctv.

Daft? Yes.

It works though. 

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Read other posts on another thread. When you do log on, having subscribed, you'll be taken to your account details! 

Scroll back up to the top and on the right hand side you'll see a 'back to bcfc.co.uk' box. Click on this. The site now knows you're a subscriber BUT you have to do everything again re selecting bctv.

Daft? Yes.

It works though. 

Will that. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Robin in Qatar said:

Thanks. Every time I go on it keeps asking me to updating my details so I never know if I'm logged on! Need to listen to the Wolves game tonight. 

I had the same concerns, but Norn Iron came to my rescue as well.:thumbsup:

Just follow his instructions and a muddled system will get you there.

3 hours ago, Robin in Qatar said:

Thanks. Every time I go on it keeps asking me to updating my details so I never know if I'm logged on! Need to listen to the Wolves game tonight. 

Exactly. It's a daft set-up and needs amending (Adam B has been told) but it works!

I'll check this thread before ko to see if you're still having problems and will do my best to help you. Just remember once you know you're logged on so does the site but it doesn't acknowledge it. Get out of your update details screen and click back onto the audio broadcast pop up. This time you'll see a pic of a microphone plus equipment now there's a red arrow box in the centre. Click on this and your audio feed will start after a few seconds of loading.

What could possibly go wrong......

On 9/9/2017 at 16:55, Tammys Scan said:

Tell me more about this. Asking for a friend, obviously, but I was he was unable to get a VPN stream to Netflix UK from overseas.

for £50 a year you can sign up to something like NordVPN, which is a bit of software that sits on yuor computor and  can allow you to relocate around the world (computer wise), handy if you are overseas and want to see BBC or Netflix (you simply click onto the UK on the map and it puts your computer address there and hey presto you are in the UK).

Of course I would never use something like NordVPN to relocate temporarly off shore to be able to watch video streams of my favorite football team playing. that would not be cricket (even though it would be technically possible to do so!).

There are other free options to get a VPN, but if you can afford the £50, its well worth getting something lke NordVPN or another similar offering.

It does other fancy stuff as well like blocking ads and hiding your ID if you like going on more colourful sites. 

I also have zero expertise on this front, but found it super easy to install and operate.

Archived