IGNORED

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring?

Fordy62

Tbf at the time, most said he would come good but at that moment he had some holes in his game. Appears to have been a blip. Perhaps lower than normal confidence with lots of new surroundings. Since he took the penalty at Wolves he's been much better. Loved the headed goal today. Overpowering the man marking him. At Times when this thread appeared he wasn't in that position to score. 

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

A forum needs debate and this requires differing opinions, yes.

But those opinions don't need to be ultimate extremes like "I'll take 4th bottom now" 2-3 game into a season, or getting carried away because we are in good form now.

I have seen posts today talking about playoffs by the same people announcing we were doomed to League 1 6 months ago.

Its football fans for you , ridiculous but can be fun too.
I am really trying hard not to get too carried away, while still enjoying it massively. The next run of games will really show how well we really have progressed.
This time last year was about our horrendous bad spell , add that to playing the two of the top teams , all be it at home, and away to Sun'land. 
Luckily :fingerscrossed: we have Burton to hopefully get us back in the swing of things before 3 tough games. Any amount of points is possible, I'd be pleased with 7 but we are capable of more and could end up with less. I don't think we will be as bad as we were in THAT run last year though.

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If it means we're doing well Robbo, I don't mind at all.

Without having re read it, I still stand by everything I said. I think. Just like I stand by the fact that LJ deserved to be sacked last season. 

You certainly weren't alone in thinking LJ deserved the sack last season. 

Fortunately SL made the right decision in supporting him.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I guess it's because historically we haven't made that many big name signings from abroad and people are still learning that sometimes they don't adapt immediately.

In recent years when we've made big signings (Trundle, Maynard, Baldock) that were all domestic - they hit the ground running. It's far easier moving domestically. Diedhiou is a young guy from a very different culture - obviously it could take him a while to reach his best form.

I'm not sure I ever saw Trundle running

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

If it means we're doing well Robbo, I don't mind at all.

Without having re read it, I still stand by everything I said. I think. Just like I stand by the fact that LJ deserved to be sacked last season. 

Fordy at least you gave him a game or two. We had one **** writing Pisano off as a pub player after watching him play for 15mins at Yeovil!!!

I swear all this football on TV makes the Dumb even Dumber!!!

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

He's getting better, and I'm smug as **** standing by and saying bobby will get goals this season, he may prove me wrong though as I said he'd get 10

I did request a bet for Reid to have. 10 by Xmas , computer said no. They obviously knew something :yes:

Archived