IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Derby County Match Day Thread 8

A really good half in everything but score (although thats all that matters really). Had a number of good chances and Leko really should have scored with his - he has had a good half though. Flint has looked wobbly, Frankie has looked good except penalty, seems a lot calmer on the ball and more aware about launching quick breaks when the chance is there. Bryan again looks excellent, best LB in the division imo. In the middle pack and Smith have done fine. But we offer less creatively without Brownhill there, and this means Bobby ends up dropping deeper to help out and gives us fewer options up top. Having said that Bobby has done that brilliantly and looks quality this season. Woodrow having a decent game. A few good touches and a few decent chances too. What I would say is either our passing up to him is either less accurate today or Fammy is better at getting to the ball. Quite a few balls early on went up and he couldn't get to them and that gave Derby a free header. 

Overall a good half though - v unlucky to be behind and hopefully we can keep up the performance and be a little more clinical and win this one. COYR

First of all let me say that we are the better side by some distance, Derby are another so called top side along with Villa, Reading and Wolves who have failed to overly impress me, but you have to take your chances and Woodrow and Leko missed 2 really great chances.

It was definite penalty Fielding knew it but he it was ball he should never have gone for the player was going wide, I would like to see the build up again but it looked as though there was a distinct lack of centre midfield cover and if Fielding kicks another ball directly into touch LJ has my permission to shove it up his arse.

We had 5 free kicks in their half, 4 of them in dangerous positions Jesus H Christ ******* woeful is an insult to woeful, Patterson's (who is playing ok) was by far the worst as is his crossing, 3 attempted crosses 2 hit the first defender and and the 2nd just like his free kick went straight into touch.

There is something in this game for us as long as we don't panic but we have to take our chances.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never a penalty in a million years. Leko the best player on the pitch, Bryan having a lot of joy against their midfield, turned his man 3 times now. We look tidy, no way should we be down.

FF clips his leg. He's looking for it but it a definite pen. FF reaction doesn't help him either, he knows he's clipped him and is worried he's going off too.

Edited by RichardEdd
  • Like 1