IGNORED

Youtube

Atticus

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I'm guessing that's because they now upload the highlights to the website, they've given up on uploading to YouTube.

I could be wrong mate.

Its lame.

Watching on youtube is infinitely better then any other media via phone also.

I enjoyed the quality they uploaded last season to youtube. 

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Maximum exposure?

Possibly from a marketing point of view dragging you to the official site is better as you will then maybe click on other articles.  From an advertising perspective all the revenue that generates goes directly to the club and not YT.  I can see both sides of arguement however..

The EFL actually upload highlights to every club's YouTube accounts - hence why so many videos end up being shown as e.g. 'Bristol C v Derby' when the title hasn't been edited by the embargoed midday the next day.

The Barnsley game aside, City have obviously deleted the matches to push people towards viewing them on BCTV. Derby do the same.

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Possibly from a marketing point of view dragging you to the official site is better as you will then maybe click on other articles.  From an advertising perspective all the revenue that generates goes directly to the club and not YT.  I can see both sides of arguement however..

I'm fairly certain that a highlights video will command more views on YT than on BCFC, and if not immediately then it definitely will in the long run.

Like the OP, I have the YT channel on my TV, so I'm another one who will miss it.

Archived