IGNORED

3 defeats in last 23

Bar BS3

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's not about how much money has been spent...it's much more than that.

Every time money is mentioned, someone will bring up another team that's doing better, that have spent less money....yet fail to mention the teams with far more finance and expenditure that are doing worse.

We are presently reaping the rewards of money being spent wisely and astutely. Not for short term success...but long term.

We have given our Coach time...believed in the 'project', even when it looked easier to bail out and jump ship.

Have a plan, spend wisely for the long term project, get the right players in, that perfectly fit into that project and believe in it, get rid of ones that don't. Bring in a coaching team that all sing from the same hymn sheet. Better the infrastructure...training facilities, technology, analysts, scouts, fitness, psychology etc.

Have a long term plan....believe in it, give it time....don't see the rest of the football managerial sacking merry go round as a sensible idea....and it will eventually come good.

Perhaps other Clubs will start to sit up and take notice, and see that sacking all the time and thinking short term doesn't work.

Everton, look how much they have spunked and how they are doing

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You can look at it a number of ways tbh.

How many of the players sold were resale value from Cotts' signings? I think the squad is great and still some good room for growth.  The money of course has been substantial- and huge historically for us, but then it's substantial for plenty at this level.

Same time, as Monkeh said, off field revenue higher than ever before- lot of factors here.

Most of the players we sold- I'm not including those released on frees or loaned out- but sold, gained revenue for- were Cotts signings.

Agard, Ayling, Freeman, Kodjia. All signed by Cotts, dare say we made a profit on all too. Possible exception Freeman, though it's hard to tell as fees these days are generally undisclosed. Also he was last year of contract so...Certainly as a collective though the revenue has been valuable.

and that stems back to the much criticized 5 pillars that lansdown wanted to put in place, now all these years down the line we are starting to see the benefit of his vision, give it another few years and we could see the acadmney really starting to produce on a regular basis, 

Future is looking bright  

• Admin

Given Lee was hounded a lot (including by me) for that run of 3 wins in 25 games I thought I'd look at his record around that run seeing as both are now significant periods. Before that run started we had 34 games with a 53% win ratio and coincidentally since that run we have had 21 games, also at a 53% win ration (2 draws overlap the 3 wins in 25 & 4 defeats in 23 comments).

Reality is we had that really sustained period at 12% win ratio but if we can avoid that in future he seems to be fairly consistent in good times at 53%. 

Statto out..

Archived