IGNORED

Weekend football

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That must have been particularly hard to stomach. 

Pulling back level from 0-2 down, only to go and concede again immediately. Ouch! 

Yeah, even though I obviously went mad when we equalised, the first thing I said was "undeserved". It would have been a robbery if we'd got anything out of it.

Ex-player Leon Clarke scoring twice as well. :sad26:

30 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, a lot wanted him gone after the playoff semi final defeat against Huddersfield. I've tried to remain sensible after 2 consecutive top 6 finishes but its hard to defend a diabolical display like that. We were second best all over the pitch and got exactly what we deserved.

Yeah, can't stand em. This is the worst one for Wednesday since I've been alive. We're at home to Leeds on tv next weekend in another derby, dreading it.

We feel your pain my friend, we`ve all been there many times!

At least you`ve got a midweek game (Brum away?) to try and put it right - I`m a firm believer in needing to get back out there as soon as possible. Imagine if today had happened next weekend with the two week break coming up.............

2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, a lot wanted him gone after the playoff semi final defeat against Huddersfield. I've tried to remain sensible after 2 consecutive top 6 finishes but its hard to defend a diabolical display like that. We were second best all over the pitch and got exactly what we deserved.

Yeah, can't stand em. This is the worst one for Wednesday since I've been alive. We're at home to Leeds on tv next weekend in another derby, dreading it.

Owl visiting, quick question, why weren't Sheffield United given the lower Leppings lane as well as the upper?. Seems bizarre that Wednesday fans were under United fans, hence also having to cordon off a third of the top tier. 

Will they give you the whole away end at Bramall lane? 

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Owl visiting, quick question, why weren't Sheffield United given the lower Leppings lane as well as the upper?. Seems bizarre that Wednesday fans were under United fans, hence also having to cordon off a third of the top tier. 

Another quick question why did the PA announcer repeatedly give out the same message to those in the South Stand about how to exit the ground? Must have made the same announcement 15 times!

46 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It's due to the health and safety stuff, SAG (which I think I've seen mentioned on here) have reduced our capacity from 40k down to around 33k. I think we gave United the minimum amount of tickets the football league allows, there has been problems in the past when visiting supporters have been given the bottom tier. Another reason may be to do with the Police. Wednesday and United along with the Police probably agreed a set number of away tickets for both derbies. I expect us to get the exact same number of tickets at their place.

28 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Another quick question why did the PA announcer repeatedly give out the same message to those in the South Stand about how to exit the ground? Must have made the same announcement 15 times!

Normally when leaving the South stand it makes sense to head clockwise around the outside of the ground passing the away end on Leppings Lane. A barrier had been set up today to send the two sets of fans in opposite directions.

@Owl VisitingI feel your pain, I really do. If it's any consolation derby games can throw up some strange results can't they. I remember Everton usually the underdog beating Liverpool more often than not, same with Man City before their riches often turning over ManU etc. I know very little about the Sheffield team but always think of Wednesday bring bigger and more successful, so ultimately think you will be the ones with the bragging rites at the end of the season. So lick your painful wounds and play the long game, as that's really what it's all about.

Archived