IGNORED

BBC - Equality Overload?

Maesknoll Red

• Admin
2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Or you just missed it

Missed what?  The explanation was simple, I was in a rush and wrongly assumed that there was no professional league football on last night.  Never before have I seen women's or non league football displayed and the professional men's games in the drop down menu.  Not sure what I am supposed to have missed?

I think they need to separate the two and have a football page for men and a separate one for women's.

The number of times I see an interesting sounding article only to find out its about England women's team or the "WSL" really gets me down. Real equality would be having their own designated page.

Same with cricket.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's slightly to the right of Genghis Khan. Notorious among people who work with him.

I always thought he was one of the best on R5 at being neutral, although Tony Livsey is decent at it as well.  If that is true about Campbell, it doesn't surprise me having listened to him for many, many hours.  ( I'm not a fan of TV and hate commercial radio, so that pretty much leaves R5 and test match special to listen to).

On 22/09/2017 at 22:07, Maesknoll Red said:

Been really busy, so had a quick log onto the BBC website to see what games were on tonight and the only one showing was a women's game.  

Are the BBC now so equality driven that professional league games are demoted to sub sections below women's games?   I personally have no interest in women's football and I do understand that some do, but I still don't understand why a minority area of a sport takes precedence. 

I love disability sport but I don't expect equality there. 

Bet it arrives at some point though. 

48 minutes ago, joeyb said:

I think they need to separate the two and have a football page for men and a separate one for women's.

The number of times I see an interesting sounding article only to find out its about England women's team or the "WSL" really gets me down. Real equality would be having their own designated page.

Same with cricket.

A separate page? Sport is sport. Sorry but real equality would have nobody giving a flying **** about it,  which appears to be some way off.

• Admin

A little bit more time now I have finally got home from work, it appears that the BBC deem women's football above Championship standard now.  At least I will now know to look in the drop down menu if that's all that is on the home page.  They might have advised that they were changing they're hierarchy, as below....

IMG_0260.PNG

22 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

A little bit more time now I have finally got home from work, it appears that the BBC deem women's football above Championship standard now.  At least I will now know to look in the drop down menu if that's all that is on the home page.  They might have advised that they were changing they're hierarchy, as below....

IMG_0260.PNG

Kin nonsense. 

The second tier of English rugby is about 10th in the list of rugby. 

Sport is being run by the wrong people. 

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I always thought he was one of the best on R5 at being neutral, although Tony Livsey is decent at it as well.  If that is true about Campbell, it doesn't surprise me having listened to him for many, many hours.  ( I'm not a fan of TV and hate commercial radio, so that pretty much leaves R5 and test match special to listen to).

The Beeb will always seem to have a liberal gloss to the outside world. Right-wing to Labourites,  left-wing to Tories. It's their cack-handed attempt to balance the books - combined with a sort of elitist metropolitanism that grates on a lot of non south east, non middle-class viewers. 

Tony Livesey is a bellend too. Or at least he was 30 years ago, when I decided not to work for him. 

4 hours ago, steveybadger said:

A separate page? Sport is sport. Sorry but real equality would have nobody giving a flying **** about it,  which appears to be some way off.

Clothes are clothes but they still have separate mens and womens pages.

They are obviously the same sport but also as unrelated as it could be within the sport.

Archived