IGNORED

Tattoo Tips

ExiledAjax

2 hours ago, phantom said:

@ExiledAjax

I've got a better anecdote, earlier in the year was in a bar in WSM (wife was not with me) and got talking about tattoo's with a fine looking lady, she asked if I had any, I replied "I didn't", and asked if she did.

She had one, asked if I wanted to see it, it was a handprint of her daughter (who was now 5), the print was just across from her nipple.

Best tat I've ever seen

Didn't you ask to see the udder one?.

17 hours ago, Olé said:

Has the quality of tattoo places around Bristol improved? I was warned by this really talented artist who lived in South Bristol and tattooed at least one global superstar, never to get a tattoo in Bristol because most of them were run by biker gangs who protected their old (barely artistic) mates and ran anyone else out of business.

This was only 6 or 7 years ago. Admittedly it sounds far fetched but this guy seemed to know a lot about it, and the few places I visited didn't give me any confidence there was anything artistic about them. All 10 or 11 of mine are done outside Bristol, most outside the UK. But it sounds like there are new tattooists in Bristol now?

Heard the same about barbers and ice cream vans mate.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:
19 hours ago, Olé said:

Has the quality of tattoo places around Bristol improved? I was warned by this really talented artist who lived in South Bristol and tattooed at least one global superstar, never to get a tattoo in Bristol because most of them were run by biker gangs who protected their old (barely artistic) mates and ran anyone else out of business.

This was only 6 or 7 years ago. Admittedly it sounds far fetched but this guy seemed to know a lot about it, and the few places I visited didn't give me any confidence there was anything artistic about them. All 10 or 11 of mine are done outside Bristol, most outside the UK. But it sounds like there are new tattooists in Bristol now?

Heard the same about barbers and ice cream vans mate.

Hmm,  makes you wonder .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-40917500 

I have told the story of two sailors who were docked up in Hong Kong .

They thought it would be cool to have their names tattooed in Chinese so they went to the tattoo parlour were the tattooist took their names and configured them into Mandarin .

Later, on returning to their ship , they wanted to show off their newly inked tatts. 

A local lad on board was surprised and asked " why have you tattooed your friend's name on your arm ? " 

Whoops ! 

Archived