IGNORED

Mad Mick Pre Match - Good video

cheshire_red

I got through 2 mins and then couldn't cope with listening to the incoherent tosser! 

In that time, he explains that he's given 2 youngsters 1 year deals. That's what they give players who come through the accadamy, unless they are unbelievably talented..! He's not saying these 2 aren't, but he has given them 1 year..?! 

He then goes on to confuse himself about having no idea what time he needs to pick his team by, despite being a manager for 25 years..!

I can only assume that it got better, but I couldn't take any more of his drivel..!

I enjoy listening to him. He has a down to earth way of expressing himself and that does tend to hide the fact that he is a very canny and very good manager at this level.

We have a tough match coming tomorrow, as always at Portman Road. 

I remember many years ago talking to a Port Vale fan before a game at Ashton Gate. He said to me that for most club's fans, one expects to lose the majority of away matches. Occasionally, a hard working draw is achieved. The days when the gods are looking down very kindly on your team, an away win is the result and every true fan in the world, gets a very warm feeling that lasts until the next away game with the expected result.

I saw him again after the match, the rain was lashing down, but he was smiling and looked up to the skies and shouted his thanks. Result was City 3-4 Port Vale.

An outcome like that tomorrow would be gratefully received by all of us.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I enjoy listening to him. He has a down to earth way of expressing himself and that does tend to hide the fact that he is a very canny and very good manager at this level.

We have a tough match coming tomorrow, as always at Portman Road. 

I remember many years ago talking to a Port Vale fan before a game at Ashton Gate. He said to me that for most club's fans, one expects to lose the majority of away matches. Occasionally, a hard working draw is achieved. The days when the gods are looking down very kindly on your team, an away win is the result and every true fan in the world, gets a very warm feeling that lasts until the next away game with the expected result.

I saw him again after the match, the rain was lashing down, but he was smiling and looked up to the skies and shouted his thanks. Result was City 3-4 Port Vale.

An outcome like that tomorrow would be gratefully received by all of us.

Ah yes, I remember it well. Sat 8th October, 1960! 

Archived