IGNORED

Italy v England u20 this Friday 6 October 2017

cidered abroad

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's in Gorgonzola, just north east of Milan. 

Hands up who thought this was a joke - I for one stand corrected.

"Young Lions boss Keith Downing has named a 21-man group for the fixtures, which starts with a trip to Gorgonzola to face the Azzurrini on Thursday 5 October."

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/sep/28/england-u20s-squad-named-for-italy-and-czech-republic-280917

40 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Hands up who thought this was a joke - I for one stand corrected.

"Young Lions boss Keith Downing has named a 21-man group for the fixtures, which starts with a trip to Gorgonzola to face the Azzurrini on Thursday 5 October."

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/sep/28/england-u20s-squad-named-for-italy-and-czech-republic-280917

Well lots of cheese is named after where it came from....so not really.

Although England playing against Italy in Cheddar doesn't have the same ring to it ;-)

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Although England playing against Italy in Cheddar doesn't have the same ring to it ;-)

England has played in Briestol.

A good attendance, but not as popular as Ilchester though. People from miles around went to that one.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks guys but no car so train to/from Milan and the probably taxi or local bus rules that match out. Wife will be happy as last year in Vienna, I dragged her along to see Austria v Wales.

Isn't it good to so many City young players involved at international level.

If you want a footy fix, Modena are at home on Sunday.

30 mins by train from Bologna station. Modena station not far from ground. Plus the Enzo Ferrari museum is only 15 mins walk from the ground. Could be a day out and change of scene from Bologna mate.

14 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

England has played in Briestol.

A good attendance, but not as popular as Ilchester though. People from miles around went to that one.

For those confused by the above post. It was based on this....

The problem is that in this version my last line "People from miles around..." isn't in it! 

I learned this sketch from many listens to the Matching Tie and Handherchief LP. If anyone has it, perhaps they could confirm that the line is in fact on the album version. Otherwise, age has played funny tricks with my memory!

Archived