IGNORED

Lee Johnson on Soccer Saturday Panel

The hand of RO'D

31 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And while many of you may think it’s acceptable to only judge on results on the pitch, there is far more to becoming a successful club & many aren’t interested in how we are progressing behind the scenes but that is the backbone of any successful club or business!! And if anyone should be aware about what it takes, I’d say SL is right up there with having an idea.....

So why do you think it took Steve the best part of 15 years to come to this realization ? 

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

So why do you think it took Steve the best part of 15 years to come to this realization ? 

Probably because of the continuous switching of managers over the years & how much it was costing him, let’s not forget, he hardly came into the club as a ‘football man’, so was largely led by those he employed. Now he clearly had enough time to understand a bit more of the game.

Let’s not pretend that being a football chairman / owner is an easy thing, I had played football for 40 years or so & was interested in more than just the playing side for a fair chunk of that time but there are so many facets to running a football club that it’s nigh on impossible to walk into a club & to run it on your own, you’d need the correct entourage of people below you to be able to delegate & trust jobs to. It may upset people to hear it but I would expect that Mark Ashton has played a massive part in helping SL to understand what is required & after 15 years experience in the job, SL will of learnt so much & realised he can’t do everything.

@Tipps69 ta for the response. I did know what camp you were in :P

Yeah, wasn’t really referring to you in my post, more that some people only have an opinion at a point in time and therefore you see / read their extremes on here. One week they’re on a high, the next they’re on a low. Whereas others you already know their stance and you see smaller deviations in their thoughts / posts. 

I guess that’s what makes this place the place it is. 

20 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shame LJ couldn't do the Gas game.

Imagine the oportunities available...

LJ  "Well, maybe they are coming for us.. God knows, it certainly feels like an eternity they've been promising it"

LJ "Darrell will be happy. I wonder if he will ask how we got on, even though the big boys don't play this weeknd"

LJ "Northampton are just crap

etc etc

LJ "I'm pleased for Darrell Clarke... Well no, to be honest I'm not. I can't stand the cnt"

Lj" good goal by Bodin who we will sign in jan with loose change.

Archived