IGNORED

Premier League 'Big 6' will continue to seek greater share of PL tv money

Lrrr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41529455

As per title, despite being beaten in the recent vote the clubs aren't happy with the result and will decide their next move. They need a 14/6 result to get the vote passed, surely 8 other premier league clubs wouldn't vote or it?! One thought though, if it did go through would it mean that the 'gap' between championship and PL could expand slower as the smaller clubs would be getting a smaller share? 

**** em. 

The competitiveness in that league is what makes it so attractive to watch. 

Will turn into a league like Spain but instead of the 2/3 clubs, it'll be those 6 with the rest miles behind. 

European super league might not be that far off if Barca get kicked out anyway. Not sure if I'd even be that bothered.

31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

**** em. 

The competitiveness in that league is what makes it so attractive to watch. 

Will turn into a league like Spain but instead of the 2/3 clubs, it'll be those 6 with the rest miles behind. 

European super league might not be that far off if Barca get kicked out anyway. Not sure if I'd even be that bothered.

Already turning into that now tbh...

The ultra competitiveness thing is slowly becoming a bit of a myth in PL. Yes it's better than many but that's not saying much...did a little look about points taken by big 6 vs rest of League and it's getting worse by the year, the gap. PL gap last year- a Man Utd side in 6th who were kinda prioritising Europa League for the last month, 23 points ahead of 8th place Southampton...a bigger gap than 8th placed Southampton to bottom placed Sunderland. Last season, out of 168 games vs teams 7th to 20th, the "Big 6" lost 15 games. 15 out of 168...under 1 in 10. Overall last season, Big 6 took between 75-80% of points in games excluding themselves.

Spain? Real Madrid 5th or 6th currently but still early days.

We need a league where everyone is on a level playing field as far as tv rights are concerned.

Otherwise you end up with a handful of elite clubs competing only with each other.

More T V money needs to go to the Championship to ensure that the gulf between them and the prem can be overcome by promoted clubs.

I dont want to see a situation where a handful of clubs are running either the prem or fooball in the uk in general.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We need a league where everyone is on a level playing field as far as tv rights are concerned.

Otherwise you end up with a handful of elite clubs competing only with each other.

More T V money needs to go to the Championship to ensure that the gulf between them and the prem can be overcome by promoted clubs.

I dont want to see a situation where a handful of clubs are running either the prem or fooball in the uk in general.

Yes and money

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The day will come where eaxh team negotiates its own TV package.  Might take another 10 years but it undoubtedly happen

Look forward to that day sounds really exciting.

Thank  F... I will be to old to care!!!

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

As soon as I heard about this vote on the radio in the week I knew it was the first move towards a European league. 

It will happen in the next few years. 

European league? People are already getting bored of the chumpions league, same teams competing(!) season after season.

What would such a league look like? I'm guessing something like:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
PSG
Chelsea
Manure
Bayern
Juventus
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Dortmund
Inter
Milan

They will obviously want a closed shop with as few teams as possible competing. A truly horrible idea, would be the final nail in the coffin imho.

12 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
PSG
Chelsea
Manure
Bayern
Juventus
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Dortmund
Inter
Milan

They will obviously want a closed shop with as few teams as possible competing. A truly horrible idea, would be the final nail in the coffin imho.

Atletico, Monaco and Roma might be a bit pissed off about that! Especially with AC scraping Europa league qualifying and Inter not qualifying at all!

On 10/7/2017 at 07:16, RedDave said:

The day will come where eaxh team negotiates its own TV package.  Might take another 10 years but it undoubtedly happen

That'll be the day I never go and see another game. 

On 10/7/2017 at 07:22, stephenkibby. said:

Look forward to that day sounds really exciting.

Thank  F... I will be to old to care!!!

Yeah right... I like it.

4 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Atletico, Monaco and Roma might be a bit pissed off about that! Especially with AC scraping Europa league qualifying and Inter not qualifying at all!

And you would not have a league with 6 English teams and 2 German and 2 Spanish. 

18 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
PSG
Chelsea
Manure
Bayern
Juventus
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Dortmund
Inter
Milan

Ajax

Feyenoord

Porto

Benfica

Sporting

Celtic

Rangers

You can make a case for two European leagues, that's why I don't think it'll happen. 

Archived