IGNORED

Bristol City or England?

Fat Cigar

Bristol City or England?  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

City for me every time.  I'm 72 and there is no way that I will see England win the World Cup again in my lifetime, it's just not going to happen, now, City getting into the Premier League, well that's a possibility. I was 30 when AD and the boys got into the old Div 1 and I enjoyed those few seasons,  I really hope that I will see City in the top flight again.  Although I'm still not fully convinced about LJ,  I want to see the club in the top division, before I shuffle off this mortal coil!     COYR's

I suspect that perhaps a lot of the club v country judgements would change if England were actually good and had a strong chance in the World Cup.

Let's face it, if that were the case, the chance only comes up once in four years, so it's a difficult choice. If I really thought England could win the World Cup in 2018, then I would choose that with City to be propmoted in 2019.

6 hours ago, nickolas said:

Couldnt give a t0ss about England. 

Players are dreadful but are so overhyped i guess they believe theyre superstars even though a lot of them wouldnt stand out a great deal at championship level. 

Negative mindset, tactics and this incessant need for meaningless keep ball in our own half drives me mad. English football was always wing play, pace, power and strength and failing that, very direct. 

Why we try to be like everyone else is beyond me. Wish we’d go back to basics and not try to conform to the Spain tippy-tap bullsh1t we have spent years trying to replicate ( very badly ). 

Who overhypes them? I don’t know anybody who expects this lot to do anything at the next tournament, we are very much a 2nd tier side at the moment.

City of course. 

If England won the world cup, with the current squad, it would be pure luck and bad performances by every other team. Not because they are actually the best in the world.

Now city in the other hand. You can see we are playing so well and can Improve upon that, so would be genuinely earned.

Paul%20Ince%20and%20Terry%20Butcher%20bl

Former England captain Paul Ince has blasted the Three Lions' current crop of players, claiming they no longer cut their heads and bleed enough in vital qualifying games.

“We're giving out caps to players who don't even want to get a nasty grass burn, let alone open up a painful cut on their head, forcing them to play on with a massive bandage on their bonce,” complained Ince, who nicknamed himself 'The Guv'nor' despite having never actually run a pub.

Ince, who lost two pints of blood in his 53 caps, most notably against Italy in a 1998 World Cup qualifier, made his comments after Fabio Capello's England side disappointingly failed to shed a single drop of blood against Wales this week.

“When I played for my country the FA wouldn't officially award us a cap unless we sustained some sort of deep gash and came off the pitch a bloodied hero,” said Ince.

“We had pride in our blood-drenched shirt. When we played away from home, I remember Bryan Robson dislocating body parts for his country because blood stains alone weren't visible on the red away kit.”

Former England defender Terry Butcher, who helped the Three Lions qualify for Italia '90 by nearly bleeding to death against Sweden, has joined Ince in criticising the current team.

“They literally don't cut it for me,” said Butcher. “Ben Foster doesn't even want to be considered for the squad in case he grazes his knees, whereas I used to headbutt the changing room wall and wrestle naked with tigers before games to make sure I would be shedding blood for the full 90 minutes.”

An FA insider tells us that the governing body plans to refute these criticisms by releasing video footage of Frank Lampard sustaining a nasty pre-match paper cut, while reading the official matchday programme.

http://talksport.com/magazine/features/2011-09-08/paul-ince-and-terry-butcher-england-players-not-bleeding-enough-qualifiers

I think i'd care more about England if City players were getting picked, honestly.

Think about it, I remember everyone on here talking about the England under 21s (23s?) when Tammy was involved because he was a City player at the time.

Right now though, it's City all day for me. I have turned down free tickets to go and watch England at Wembley because I honestly don't see it to be worth the trip.

But I would happily pay for a ticket and do a 6 hour round trip to see us play away. It's as simple as that.

Archived