IGNORED

Wales v ROI (Merged)

Robin101

Fair play to Coleman for his post match comments. Would have been easy to complain about physicality but for me that's a decent and professional reaction. 

Wales boss Chris Coleman, speaking to Sky Sports: "I thought on the balance of play we pretty much dominated the first half. We knew Ireland would have a gameplan and they executed it very well. Fair play to them.

"When we lost Joe Allen our creativity suffered. It was difficult to break down 10 men behind the ball. Martin O'Neill has done a great job and good luck to them.

"My players have given everything but it wasn't enough in the end to get over the line.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can't understand why they don't host massive games like this at the Millennium. It would have sold out for a game as big as this. Fans miss out on tickets and the Welsh FA miss out on money. Odd one.

They don’t want to play there, they feel at home at Cardiff City Stadium apparently

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That worked out well for them then..! 

Yep! Good. Can’t stand them 

incidentally I only knew the answer because I googled it after seeing the video of the national anthem on Facebook and wondering why they weren’t at the mil stad 

4 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

Ireland fans spent the afternoon in Cardiff singing "we hate England more than you" but send their thanks for you kissing their arse all day.

Sounds like a good bit of banter mate, have you ever been to an England away game and heard some of the songs that English fans sing? All I saw all day was big sets of fans being harmless and having a good laugh, get that chip off your shoulder

6 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

Ireland fans spent the afternoon in Cardiff singing "we hate England more than you" but send their thanks for you kissing their arse all day.

Does hoping that COD does well, but wishing them both to fail to qualify, really qualify as "kissing their arse"..?

And you were so excited about it that you felt the need to come onto our forum to tell us a few hours later. Thats really good of you - thanks. 

Don't remember their players celebrating when we lost to Iceland, though.

**** off.

Archived