IGNORED

Burton, Milwall and Bolton

Hartleysbeard

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Taylor was injured............that's why he wasn't in the squad.

I expect he knows that, he was obviously making the point that he is the sort of option you need against a side like that..

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I expect he knows that, he was obviously making the point that he is the sort of option you need against a side like that..

Taylor and Đurić would have caused more problems given adequate supply but both are injured so the "if onlys" count for nothing

It was disappointing that we couldn't break their turgid tactics down but a discussion going on behind me in the Dolman last night was interesting. Is football an entertainment driven industry or a results driven industry? I would say the former as without fans, the game is gone. Burton certainly won't have enticed anyone to watch another game after their performance last night.

All that said,, we need to find a way of getting past these negative sides as one goal could have led to 4 or 5 IMHO and I still don't know what was supposed to be wrong with Bobby's goal apart from their comedy falling over routine. Can someone also tell me when holding / blocking no longer became an offence as the wrestling of Flint and Baker at set pieces was driving my blood pressure through the roof?

Like many, I always thought of Burton as a plucky underdog at this level but that wasn't football they were 'playing' last night, it was pure cynical game killing and acting. Sod 'em.

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Burton celebrated like they'd beaten Man U

6 months ago so would we, had we got a point away to the third in the table team.

Archived