IGNORED

4th Friday still 4th

Sparkz 76

Ok disappointing 0-0 against Burton but stayed 4 th place which shows how competitive nature of this league makes our result look a good one when leaving ground last night felt like a defeat. I was annoyed not at city but how negative Burton were. Still in top 4 with quarter of season gone happy days

You can't blame Burton, I'm sure there have been times when we have parked the bus and scored in injury time against the run of play.

For them, survival is the game and this is probably their best way of achieving that.

What is disappointing is that we haven't worked out how to get around packed defences and that the referee disallowed a perfectly good goal costing us 2 points.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You can't blame Burton, I'm sure there have been times when we have parked the bus and scored in injury time against the run of play.

For them, survival is the game and this is probably their best way of achieving that.

What is disappointing is that we haven't worked out how to get around packed defences and that the referee disallowed a perfectly good goal costing us 2 points.

There is no way on earth the Burton we saw yesterday will survive this season. They got lucky, big time. Bobby should be one goal better off today, all for the incompetence of a certain official. There really is no more to it.

Surprised at The amount of stick Burton have been getting to be honest, yes it was shite to watch but at the end of the day they are the smallest club with the smallest budget/fanbase to have ever graced the championship. They are clearly gonna park the bus away from home and try to snatch the home wins where they can to avoid relegation. We would have won that game if it was at their place.

21 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Surprised at The amount of stick Burton have been getting to be honest, yes it was shite to watch but at the end of the day they are the smallest club with the smallest budget/fanbase to have ever graced the championship. They are clearly gonna park the bus away from home and try to snatch the home wins where they can to avoid relegation. We would have won that game if it was at their place.

They are a tiny club doing brilliantly - absolute fair play to them. Not sure what people are expecting them to do at this level - they couldn't even compete to get Woodrow back on loan! 

58 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

They are a tiny club doing brilliantly - absolute fair play to them. Not sure what people are expecting them to do at this level - they couldn't even compete to get Woodrow back on loan! 

' fair ' isn't quite the word I'd use .

They spoilt their excellent work by downright cheating and , as I said in another thread , Brian Clough would be ashamed of the way his son's team behaved .

23 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I can blame Burton, that was not football and they know it, just read Bailey Wright's interview. That was a embarrassing performance from them nothing short of disgusting.. In our darkest days last season on our bad run we did not resort to that gamesmanship and went out to win every game.If they are relying on this tactic they will be relegated by Feb and good riddance to bad shit

Archived