IGNORED

Everton Sack Koeman {Merged)

Port Said Red

10 hours ago, David Brent said:

How are those 2 linked?

I’m surprised at the start Everton have made but I don’t feel they did enough to replace Lukaku.

Replacing Lukaku was near enough an impossible task, I cant believe he wasn't picked up by a bigger club sooner, irreplaceable for a club not involved in champions league football I fear.

16 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

It is, but it's quite misleading as well I would say.

They also sold Lukaku, Barry, Deulofeu, Cleverley and McGeady - Their net spend is definitely more like 50m.

Very true but doesn’t make the replacements any better! Sigurdsson is excellent but the squad doesn’t scream quality for 150m does it?!

49 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Can't see Koeman surviving now.

Payback for that pullback on David Platt in 1993. Never forgiven him for that, horrible little **** as a player 

I think it's simple. You sell a 20+ goal striker and try and replace him with 3 numbers 10s you will struggle.
Chatting to a mate who goes up fairly regularly, his thought were, a couple of good signings and a couple of good potential ones that haven't done it yet, plus some really poor buys. I did wonder if at Southampton it was the other staff that come up with the players as their record is amazing recently and Koemans first spend at Everton is poor to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Koeman sacked. Not surprisingly. 

Having brought all those players in, I would say he was entitled to be allowed a little more time to get them all playing together!

Granted, having not replaced Lukaku adequately is / was a massive mistake but Lukaku isn’t exactly easy to replace. But I guess that’s just the way of the modern game & it’s not a way that I’m a fan of.

Now another new manager will need to come in, want another £100m+ to spend on new players & Everton will likely be stuck with a huge squad of players who won’t be able to play first team football on massive wages, it just doesn’t make great financial sense to me.

• The title was changed to Everton Sack Koeman

On 20/10/2017 at 15:58, BRISTOL86 said:

Some simply terrible use of funds in that team. Commentator said they spent £150 MILLION this summer, is that right?! 

That’s either 500 or 15 Matty Taylors, depending on who you believe!

all we know for sure is that its 405 Tilson's

But yeah, you spend that sort of money you need to let the manager have time to get them working. They had a rough start to the season as well, but hey we all know how short term the game is in the Premiership

Turnover of managers is absolutely ******* ridiculous. They've been poor but if you've just brought in a raft of new players, as @Fiale says, they need time to gel and bond. Who could they get that's better than Koeman? Talk of Marco Silva?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Turnover of managers is absolutely ******* ridiculous. They've been poor but if you've just brought in a raft of new players, as @Fiale says, they need time to gel and bond. Who could they get that's better than Koeman? Talk of Marco Silva?

Marco Silva should sit tight and wait for a champions league club come calling.. ..his stock is very high

Archived