IGNORED

Everton Sack Koeman {Merged)

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Jesus they look a poor side. Lyon didn't have to get out of 2nd gear for 95% of the game. Could this finally be the year they lose top table status? I would be amazed if there are 3 teams worse than them.

I’m surprised at how badly they’re playing at the moment, but come May they’ll be nowhere near the bottom of the table. Wheather Ronald Koeman is still there is another matter though.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Koeman will be gone very soon is my guess. Would they take Moyes back ?

Koeman is definitely on thin ice and after night the ice is even thinner but as for Moyes - he's the favourite for the Scotland job. I can't see him going back to Goodison.

I can see him going but it would be ridiculous. They had a ridiculously difficult opening to the season.  And it artificially makes the season look worse than it is. They had a poor result against Burnely in game that was akin to our loss against Birmingham and drew with Brighton away. All the other games were against top 4 sides or they got a win. If you are going to sanction huge transfer activity you gave to give the manager time (dare I say our season looks like a good example of this). Koeman is a good manager that hasn't changed but in the ridiculous world of football these days he will probably go soon. 

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Some simply terrible use of funds in that team. Commentator said they spent £150 MILLION this summer, is that right?! 

That’s either 500 or 15 Matty Taylors, depending on who you believe!

It is, but it's quite misleading as well I would say.

They also sold Lukaku, Barry, Deulofeu, Cleverley and McGeady - Their net spend is definitely more like 50m.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I actually went up to this game last night. Suprised at how sh*te the atmosphere was considering all im ever told is "how passionate northern fans are"

Biggest myth in football. With a lot of big clubs though most are from all over the shop, hardly that many locals in the PL.

Honestly, I'm loving it.

I don't hate Everton. I actually quite liked them when Moyes was in charge, and they seemed to have something about them during the start of the Martinez era, and with the money now in the Premier League they've gone from spending nothing to having a proper budget.

During the summer, they seemingly made some great signings, and everyone was pushing them for a top four position. Lukaku was gone, but they signed well across the board, and looked solid.

Everton have showed that football isn't a game of top trumps, and that happiness and confidence are the most important things in football. This isn't a new lesson. Leicester were better than the sum of their parts when they won the Premier League, and Argentina have been worse than the sum of their parts due to negativity around the national team. Hell, you could argue the same for England - if the fans and the press were behind the team in a nice way, perhaps they would have at least made a final in the last decade or two.

Archived