IGNORED

Leeds match is POTD (confirmed)

myol'man

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

With ticket sales pushing 24,000 will the club carry on selling tickets right up to kick off? @Mkelly 

I've just been asked the question. 

I very much doubt it, not against leeds

But it doesn't mention it on any of the ticketing info on the website, I'd phone the club or see if @AdamB will answer 

9 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I'd imagine it will be pay on the day, not a great deal of tickets left so may as well push for a near sell out.

If they operate the procedure that you must be on the database, then so be it surely most of us are. 

I think they worry about leeds fans in the home end, its a bloody long way down from the top of the lansdown to be knocked down those stairs 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I think they worry about leeds fans in the home end, its a bloody long way down from the top of the lansdown to be knocked down those stairs 

The upper Lansdown also have the option of throwing them down to the lower Lansdown if bouncing them down steps has gone out of fashion. 

2 minutes ago, Verloc said:

I'm a Leeds supporter who will be sat in the home sections of the ground tomorrow. I will, however, be quiet and show the appropriate respect. I have no desire to inspect your concrete steps at close quarter. 

Probably should have kept that to yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Verloc said:

I'm a Leeds supporter who will be sat in the home sections of the ground tomorrow. I will, however, be quiet and show the appropriate respect. I have no desire to inspect your concrete steps at close quarter. 

fair play, people don't have a problem with it if you are respectful,

but I'd advice against posting on here as the club could cancel your tickets come back after the game tomorrow 

22 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

The upper Lansdown also have the option of throwing them down to the lower Lansdown if bouncing them down steps has gone out of fashion. 

I particularly liked the way that on each bounce down the steps a city fan landed a punch on the Leeds fan head. Double whammy!

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

fair play, people don't have a problem with it if you are respectful,

but I'd advice against posting on here as the club could cancel your tickets come back after the game tomorrow 

Thanks for the advice, but the tickets have been bought by a mate who is a Bristol resident. We'll be keeping ourselves to ourselves.

1 minute ago, Verloc said:

That might be taking things a bit too far! I said I'll be quiet and respectful - that doesn't mean I'll be joining in!

You better at least jump up or you will stick out like a sore thumb

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

Enjoy the match. I sat in your old stand on the side opposite the tunnel for the FA Cup replay in 1973 and no trouble then. Just a lot of mouth etc outside after the game which was understandable.

I always found it easy to keep quiet in a home end when we scored but not so easy to look happy and excited when we conceded!

I've just realised that was 44 years ago. I was only 30 and Dad who was with me has been "brown bread" for 30 years. Don't time fly when your'e having fun watching City.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Enjoy the match. I sat in your old stand on the side opposite the tunnel for the FA Cup replay in 1973 and no trouble then. Just a lot of mouth etc outside after the game which was understandable.

I always found it easy to keep quiet in a home end when we scored but not so easy to look happy and excited when we conceded! 

Remember the 1973 replay. Was at school at the time. Wasn't it played mid-week afternoon due to power-cuts caused by strikes?

1 minute ago, Verloc said:

Remember the 1973 replay. Was at school at the time. Wasn't it played mid-week afternoon due to power-cuts caused by strikes?

Yep 2.00 pm kick off and played in daytime with no floodlights. Five of us got to Elland Road at 1.20 and got five seats together in that old stand. Found out later that turnstiles to the terraces had been closed at 1.15. Great atmosphere and a cracking cup tie. Isn't it always cracking when we win. 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yep 2.00 pm kick off and played in daytime with no floodlights. Five of us got to Elland Road at 1.20 and got five seats together in that old stand. Found out later that turnstiles to the terraces had been closed at 1.15. Great atmosphere and a cracking cup tie. Isn't it always cracking when we win. 

Crowd of around 47,000 from memory. A lot of folk not working that afternoon! Can't share your joy about the result however!

17 minutes ago, Verloc said:

That might be taking things a bit too far! I said I'll be quiet and respectful - that doesn't mean I'll be joining in!

I sat in with the Chelsea fans at Old Trafford as a Liverpool fan for FA Cup semi a few years ago.  It was quite difficult when Luis Garcia scored, and also pretending to be angry when Terry had a goal disallowed.  But we were sensible enough.

I'll always remember sitting in the home stand at Plymouth one year. The City fans were kept in at the end of the game, so we wandered over to see if we could spot anybody we knew... Ended up getting abused by the whole away end and then getting chucked out by the stewards for winding up the away fans :laugh:

Archived