IGNORED

Hegeler- this season's first '1' rating

The Nest Egg

6 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

No- how can Lee predict that Jens is going to hitch a ride off a Leeds player's shirt? Pisano (before injury) said he had issues with adapting to the pace of English football, yet there he was, getting used to it and performing strongly. Jens has baffling decision making at times and just does not seem to click with the other defenders here. If he is going to be our 'ball player', he should be prepared for having a more traditional defender like Flint next to him. Yet, despite a couple of good performances he has failed to adapt to the tempo and I would be pleasantly surprised if he ever did.

Lee obviously thinks he can

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So what’s he meant to do when his man’s past him, roll out a red carpet for him? At least he cared enough to do what he had to do to break up the attack.  

Shame he didn't care enough to stay with who he was meant to be marking for the third goal a minute later. I don't buy into tackles and shirt pulls like that as 'caring'. I consider it incompetence to try and cover up previous mistakes

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Massive difference between 2-0 and 3-0. Obviously it ended that way anyway, but 2-0 still gives us a chance. So yes, theoretically it could have saved us.

I have to admit I think it endeared him to the Leeds players as even more of a make shift centre back than he is. They're probably making masks of his face on the team bus home!

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How can you say that ? Complete fantasy Streety . 

He played centre mid last season and was equally bad their..his performance against Fulham was one of the worst I saw...he wants and needs too much time and today he would have been destroyed in midfield...as Leeds were up our arse on every first touch 

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

He played centre mid last season and was equally bad their..his performance against Fulham was one of the worst I saw...he wants and needs too much time and today he would have been destroyed in midfield...as Leeds were up our arse on every first touch 

This. Finally someone who sees it too. 

50 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

What a complete and utter embarrassment today. At least partly responsible for every goal, and did one of the most embarrassing shirt pulls I have ever seen in a game of professional football. Unforgivably slow and tormented by Leeds all day. Should never be trusted again in a City shirt. Ship him out, leave him to rot in the development squad, whatever. About as slow as continental drift, and incapable of communicating with the rest of the back 4.

weirdly enough reacting 'rubbish' doesn't make him suddenly capable of performing a sliding tackle. I don't like going full Thatch but he was just so frustrating all game.

Must admit he shouldn't be any near a defence. Magnússon all day. 

51 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

What a complete and utter embarrassment today. At least partly responsible for every goal, and did one of the most embarrassing shirt pulls I have ever seen in a game of professional football. Unforgivably slow and tormented by Leeds all day. Should never be trusted again in a City shirt. Ship him out, leave him to rot in the development squad, whatever. About as slow as continental drift, and incapable of communicating with the rest of the back 4.

weirdly enough reacting 'rubbish' doesn't make him suddenly capable of performing a sliding tackle. I don't like going full Thatch but he was just so frustrating all game.

cock...got away 

He was crap to be fair, doesn't mean he's going to be consistently crap. Dropped in to a defence next to Flint will never suit either of them. Had to be Magnússon. 

But by god if there's one stand out crap performance that was Pack. I think that was probably in the top 5 worst individual midfield performances I've ever seen. The way he was left out there was reminiscent of Liam Fontaine. 

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

All four or our defenders were absolute garbage. They cannot work together as a unit. It stank of square pegs in round holes today. 

Really they have done well enough up to now, only real problem was Hegelar - so off the pace. He does look a decent player and passer when given time & space, but closed down quickly and/or run at and he is a total liability. This is not new and really hacks me off that LJ put him into that position instead of starting Mags.

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

All four or our defenders were absolute garbage. They cannot work together as a unit. It stank of square pegs in round holes today. 

And not helped by a GK who very rarely comes out to collect a ball or command his 6 yard box.

17 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

So’s your fantasy that Hegelar is going to become this miraculous midfield sentinel. He’s not good enough. 

I don't write players off after five minutes.

You may be right but I would think that after having signed him with all due diligence there is a player in there somewhere . 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't write players off after five minutes.

You may be right but I would think that after having signed him with all due diligence there is a player in there somewhere . 

I think there definitely is, but just not in this league. You can do all the due diligence you want, but you still can't tell if someone is going to hack the pace and intensity of the Championship.

I think he was worth a punt but not persevering with any more. I imagine if he went to the right league he would look excellent. 

Archived