IGNORED

Let’s put that one down as bad day at the office

Charlie BCFC

Yes very bad score line and I wasn’t there but by some comments looked like we deserved to lose 3-0. But we’re still in 6th which is playoffs, still our first loss at home since the last day of last season and then second since February. Paterson only missed out through illness so will be back for the foreseeable future. Hopefully Smith, Baker and Pisano are back soon as they were needed today. Then we go again for Palace on Tuesday and Sunderland on Saturday. I believe!

COYR

Yep I am with you. The boys really paid for a bad first 15 minutes and by then being 2 goals down it was going to be a tough task to come back. 5 changes and most due to unfortunate circumstance. It's not the end of the world but I would say, those who did get their chance(Woodrow, Hegeler and Leko) did themselves no favours in regards to future playing time. No one grasped the opportunity and that's disappointing for me. 

Just now, 22A said:

Thanks for this; I was going to ask has the bubble burst, or was it as you say, a bad day?

Too many players out and poor selection by LJ - Baker, Smith and Pato has been the spine of our team most of season. Without that we weren’t at races and game was over after 15 mins 

But this result and performance comes off the back of a poor display against Burton. 

It is to easy an excuse to say bad day at the office and we go again, that is just cliche bollucks .

Today display was simply unacceptable, Johnson should apologise and get them back into training tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, bs3 said:

But this result and performance comes off the back of a poor display against Burton. 

It is to easy an excuse to say bad day at the office and we go again, that is just cliche bollucks .

Today display was simply unacceptable, Johnson should apologise and get them back into training tomorrow morning.

I do see what you mean but we I thought we played well v Burton on the whole just couldn’t finish. We just have to put it behind us no point feeling negative about it.

Almost every team will have injuries and suspensions during a long season, but the problem here is that we were led to believe that we were now in a position where our squad was good enough to cope in those situations.  On today's evidence it isn't.  Let's hope we get first choice players back soon and then improve the squad in January to achieve a comfortable mid table finish.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Let's give some credit to Leeds. They came to win and looked like promotion candidates for most of the game.

Agreed, we were outplayed. But also we were out fought which I find more difficult to accept.

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Are we going to be a club who puts  up with mediocrity or shall we demand the highest prefoperformance from our players and try to achieve greatness and make history,

Every club has their bad days for example look at Man United today lost to Huddersfield who lost to us 4-0 last season

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Not sure about the apology and I would suggest we would wait a long time. But the display was unacceptable, whomever was not playing/was playing....Utter garbage

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Let's give some credit to Leeds. They came to win and looked like promotion candidates for most of the game.

We gifted them two goals in ten minutes. It was easy to look good after that!

Yes they are promotion candidates, but given that I keep reading we are still sixth many think we are too. Two poor performances, but hey ho Tuesday is around the corner!

16 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Yes very bad score line and I wasn’t there but by some comments looked like we deserved to lose 3-0. But we’re still in 6th which is playoffs, still our first loss at home since the last day of last season and then second since February. Paterson only missed out through illness so will be back for the foreseeable future. Hopefully Smith, Baker and Pisano are back soon as they were needed today. Then we go again for Palace on Tuesday and Sunderland on Saturday. I believe!

COYR

I agree and said as much in another post, however we cannot just gloss over the past 2 games, we created little or nothing in either game because our midfield was woeful in both games, Smith and Baker were huge losses to us today and it is evident that firstly Pack is in no way a replacement for Smith and if Hegeler is above Magnússon in the pecking order something is clearly wrong and our lack of right back cover is a worry.

Bad day at the office but clear warning signs that must be heeded and rectified.

15 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Too many players out and poor selection by LJ - Baker, Smith and Pato has been the spine of our team most of season. Without that we weren’t at races and game was over after 15 mins 

Which selection was poor, baring in mind who was injured?

I’d have started Fammy but can see why he didn’t, with Tuesday in mind. 

We didn’t play well and Leeds did, today. 

Move on and improve.  

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Move on and improve.  

Hegler at Centre Half was an awful decision 

Hopefully LJ will learn from this. I thought the way he set up today was hopelessly optimistic.  It's like he had forgotten that you need to defend and keep things tight. Even good players will let you down if you expect them to do a job they are not really equipped for and also that can badly effect confidence. Poor management today I thought, 

30 minutes ago, bs3 said:

"Poor display against Burton" 

we has 78% possession and battered them

"Johnson should apologise"

grow up 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Move on and improve.  

Wright should have been in the centre. There should have been one more defensive mid. Brownhill instead of odowda on the wing. We looked ridiculously open in front of the back 4.  Just like during our losing run. He basically played 4-2-4. Ridiculously optimistic against a side with some quality in the final 3rd

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

"Poor display against Burton" 

we has 78% possession and battered them

"Johnson should apologise"

grow up 

Misquoting me , you should get a life.  Lifting quotes and rearranging my sentences is pathetic.

I was calling for an apology for today’s performance not Burton.

We were poor against Burton, 78% possessions, well how many shots , how many chances? Not many.

30 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Misquoting me , you should get a life.  Lifting quotes and rearranging my sentences is pathetic.

I was calling for an apology for today’s performance not Burton.

We were poor against Burton, 78% possessions, well how many shots , how many chances? Not many.

I know you were asking for an apology for today.. The statement still stands true,

Grow up

It's more than a bad day at the office. It exposes the lie doing the rounds before this game that we had strength in depth this season. It's a welcome reality check. Take two or three key players out the picture and we look dreadful.

Let's not dress it up. Leeds didn't deserve to win 3-0 today. But they deserved to win. No doubt about who was the better team out there.

Work to do in January....

11 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Hegeler at Centre Half was an awful decision 

He had a bad game, yes. 

But he is our back up centre half now. It was him or Mags. Either that or start maligning even more changes by moving Wright and bringing in an inexperienced RB. 

In hindsight it didn’t work out. Hegeler was terrible! But the initial selection made sense with Baker being ill. 

11 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Wright should have been in the centre. There should have been one more defensive mid. Brownhill instead of odowda on the wing. We looked ridiculously open in front of the back 4.  Just like during our losing run. He basically played 4-2-4. Ridiculously optimistic against a side with some quality in the final 3rd

It’s hard to argue with that now, because we were 2nd best all afternoon. But if we’d played that defensively at home, people would have moaned about it. 

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office. A very bad day! 

Archived