IGNORED

Red cards

whale

Taylor has forward momentum with his whole body including head (head doesn’t move separately forward), Berhardi looks like he was stood still, but may have dipped his head.

Both to blame.  Both red.  Fair enough imho.  Stupid moment, broken nose, ouch.  Three game ban, bigger ouch.

38 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The bit where the Leeds player went through the back of him or the bit where he got headbutted and had his nose broken?  

Perhaps he went to ground quickly after the headbutt but I'm fairly sure (not least from the photo above) he was entitled to.

Cannot stand this notion of being "entitled to go down". Either you go down because you were knocked down and not able to stay on your feet, or you stay on your feet. Anything else is an embarassment to both the player and the game.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A very strange statement indeed, would you say the same to a victim who confronts somebody only to get stabbed for instance?.

You’ve gotta get right in someone’s face to get butted. 

If it were not on a football field, could the offender successfully argue a self defensive pre emotive strike? I think they probably could. 

However, it’s on a football field so he deserves the red unquestionably. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Cannot stand this notion of being "entitled to go down". Either you go down because you were knocked down and not able to stay on your feet, or you stay on your feet. Anything else is an embarassment to both the player and the game.

I agree with you and probably a poor choice of words.  He did throw himself down.  Doesn't change the fact he was headbutted though, as definite a red as you will see and I still am at a loss as to why Taylor got sent off.

40 minutes ago, evander said:

it was a foul but headbutt really?

I take it you've never been in a fight and butted someone? I've glanced someone with my forehead in the past and left them with a blacked eye, it's not nice to be on the receiving end either, I've been there too.

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Taylor definitely swings out after the initial challenge and the ref is already running over before they confront each other. So my guess is the red was for swinging out.

Really?, he swings out his right arm in frustration but it would need to grow by about 2 foot to get anywhere near the player.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Really?, he swings out his right arm in frustration but it would need to grow by about 2 foot to get anywhere near the player.

As I said, he swings his arm out and the ref is already on his way over before the players confront each other. Not saying it wasn’t frustration but it’s what the ref sees and how he interprets it

From 20 feet away, what I saw wasTaylor caught from behind, he got straight up and stood in front of his attacker,  just that, slightly threatening perhaps - the ONLY movement was was head butt, another poster quite rightly said if the police dealt with it he.would be charged with assault, just another crap decision from another crap referee!

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As I said, he swings his arm out and the ref is already on his way over before the players confront each other. Not saying it wasn’t frustration but it’s what the ref sees and how he interprets it

In fact just looking at it again and Taylor definitely turns to face the player before throwing his arm out...

38 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

From this thread I have only established the majority of our forum sit very close to where the incident happened. Do you all know each other or is it coincidence?

Or possibly have just looked at the highlights?

23 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The Leeds player definitely ducked his head in a downward movement, it looked like a clear butt to me, should have been a red and a yellow IMO.

I was about 10 yards away and agree it should have been a red and a yellow.But Taylor was the one that squared and started it and we already had a free kick.He was fouled but should leave it to the ref in whose opinion they both deserved to be sent off and i can see why he did so.

23 minutes ago, cockneydave said:

I was about 10 yards away and agree it should have been a red and a yellow.But Taylor was the one that squared and started it and we already had a free kick.He was fouled but should leave it to the ref in whose opinion they both deserved to be sent off and i can see why he did so.

it will be interesting to see the outcome, LJ was clearly unhappy with the referees explanation after the match, I can only assume that he saw something that is not visible from the video or perhaps heard something inappropriate because I am not aware of a sending off offence of 'squaring up'.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it will be interesting to see the outcome, LJ was clearly unhappy with the referees explanation after the match, I can only assume that he saw something that is not visible from the video or perhaps heard something inappropriate because I am not aware of a sending off offence of 'squaring up'.

Presumably the referee`s report will clarify things. How soon after the game do we get that does anyone know?

Archived