IGNORED

Underlying hate - Surfaced

SStandUp

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nonsense as usual, just recently Conte took responsibility for Chelsea's defeat at home to Man City, it happens all of time managers seeking to relieve pressure on their players by accepting responsibility.

What I have never seen is a manager who brings on a player at 3-0 and in a game long since lost and after a final 5-0 loss in his post match only singles out only that player for any criticism.

Surely, that was then, this is now.

The club has moved on, LJ has moved on and there are some fans who also need to move on. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I pay little attention to PL managers comments either pre or post match so you pointing out Conte is lost on me.

As for last comment - no idea what you're referring to but there is one thing I don't like about LJ and that's when he calls out a player. He dad did the same I didn't like then and I don't like it now.  

Why they did/do it I don't know but it reflects badly on them and of course the player. Criticism of any player should be kep in house imv. 

1).  Shows exactly how narrow your argument is then.

2). Shows how little attention you pay to your own club.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Surely, that was then, this is now.

The club has moved on, LJ has moved on and there are some fans who also need to move on. 

I really don't want to criticise LJ because I have not been a huge fan and would have sacked him last season, but this season has just like the start to last season been impressive and I really hope that he and the squad can maintain the great start. I don't care who is in charge as long as the team produce always gives 100%, but I really think that some people are over precious in their interpretation of any criticism of LJ and yesterday IMHO was the perfect opportunity for LJ to protect his players during his post match interview (given the way they have played so far) and shouldered the majority of blame himself, but he chose not to to and I believe that even his staunchest fan would admit yesterday was not LJ's finest hour.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't care who is in charge as long as the team produce always gives 100%, but I really think that some people are over precious in their interpretation of any criticism of LJ and yesterday IMHO was the perfect opportunity for LJ to protect his players during his post match interview (given the way they have played so far) and shouldered the majority of blame himself, but he chose not to to and I believe that even his staunchest fan would admit yesterday was not LJ's finest hour.

Yesterday, because of four regulars being absent thru injury LJ had very limited options. He selected a team that he hoped would cope with Leeds but unfortunately the replacements failed to produce the performances required and City ended up on the wrong end of a 3-0 score line.

We could debate endlessly about the team selection as we often do after a loss but the fact the different players didn't produce can't be laid at LJs door. 

He did say post match that certain players didn't carry out the teams instructions. I have no problem with that type of comment. It's not the same as calling individual players out

21 hours ago, Harry said:

I think LJ gets fair criticism today. 

Arguably, our best 2 CB's are Baker & Wright. Flint 3rd, arguably Magnússon 4th, Hegeler 5th. 

So, when your number 1 is out, I believe it's essential to make sure your 2nd best one is in there. He had his 3rd and 5th rated CB's instead of his 2nd and 3rd - against what we know will be one of the stronger teams.

Thats mistake 1. Mistake 2 is having 3 nailed on first teamers missing (Baker, Smith, Paterson) and deciding to make 2 additional changes. With 3 big players already missing, meaning you already have to make 3 changes, why then make 2 further unnecessary changes. No need. 

Mistake 3 for me was not making 2 subs at half time. It worked for 15 mins when he made them and we appeared to up our game a little. Should've taken the bull by the horns at half time, took initiative back, by changing it up at half time.

This season has been better by far and I congratulate LJ on that, but today he must accept his fair share of criticism for his selections. Seeing our best/2nd best CB at RB with 2 inferior and dreadfully slow CB's inside him was just horrible. 

I bet you good at Algebra!!!

Archived