IGNORED

We've got to talk about Korey

where's the joy

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

On his day Brownhill is a good Championship midfielder

I simply do not get the love-in on OTIB with Brownhill, he is bang average.

People forget how young Brownhill is. He's 21 and playing regularly at this level for a top half side. Neither Reid or Bryan were doing that at 21. I disagree anyway, he's very good and has huge scope to improve. You don't stay at the Man Utd. academy until 16 unless you've got something about you. 

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

As with Baker yesterday, you don`t know what you`ve got till it`s gone.

I call it Cisse syndrome, he was the same.

Cisse syndrome is a very good analogy of this. People didn’t realise what he did in breaking play up and then he just gave the ball (hopefully) to one of the better passing or dribbling players (Albert etc). 

Never tried anything to flashy either. 

Smith does this role and yeah again he loses the ball because he can’t pass as well as some... but if he could he’d be in the premier league. 

20 hours ago, where's the joy said:

ok the game was over after 4 minutes and we were unlucky with deflections but

Korey Smith was missing yesterday, nearly all of our problems seemed to stem from his absence.

how much of our poor run co-incided with his injury woes last year and how much better have we been since he came back into the team, and then to form?

perhaps one kind OTIB fan might have some stats to back up this theory?

admittedly Flint and Pack had horrible games and Hegeler proved that unless he's been hiding his talent, as a striker or goalie, he has been a poor purchase.

can't remember the last time we played well against leeds, they always seem to out-pschye us. biggest crowd, poorest performance.

oh and why not make substitutions and change formation at half time?

Nathan baker was a much bigger loss than Korey smith

15 hours ago, RedDave said:

Given up trying to educate people about Smith.  Will just let the results when he isnt playing do it for me.  

There are many players that the public don't 'get' until it is made blatantly obvious to them.  Lallana for England (a few years ago),Winks for England.  Tom Davies should be in England squad at least if not first team.  

City fans couldnt see that Baker is better than Flint when he was here on loan.  Loads couldnt see that Bryan was going to be a top left back last season.  

I get the odd one wrong as well.  Could not see it clicking for Bobby Reid for example. But Korey Smith's abilities without the ball seem to pass so many people by.

Smith v Tomlin.

Which of the two would fans most want to join us if they played elsewhere?

Which of the two is most missed when not playing for us?

Smith is the type of player that is only really appreciated when he can't play.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Smith v Tomlin.

Which of the two would fans most want to join us if they played elsewhere?

Which of the two is most missed when not playing for us?

Smith is the type of player that is only really appreciated when he can't play.

Good comparison - Coincidentally, you could not get more polar opposite personalities than Smith and Tomlin.

Smith epitomises what the 'DNA' idea should be about - Tomlin absolutely doesn't.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Many fans on here don't seem to look at the age of a player. Josh is already a mid table to top half midfielder at this level. In a few years he could easily be lower prem quality. We're hoping players like Joe Morrell will go from league 2 quality to championship quality in the next few years. And he is only one year younger Brownhill. So it shows how well Josh is doing for someone who is probably 3 or 4 years away from his potential. 

That's right - because he's a regular first teamer I think people assume he's 23/24 when actually he's a bit younger.

Considering the physicality and quality of opposition in this league - being a regular first teamer at his age is a big achievement. He'll only get better with regular games.

Archived