IGNORED

Opposition View

Cjay

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Indeed, but the tone was set when one of our players was kicked 2 feet into the air about 5 minutes in.

Regardless, your win was deserved.

Fair enough. 

Cant argue about that, i didn't get a stream till about 20minutes in.

And thanks 

I said elsewhere, I thought you were decent not much more,  but that was all you needed and you were easily the better side.
We missed Baker (centre back) more than I think anyone would have realised , this was made worse by (IMO) poor selection of replacements. The defence has been brilliant this year and yet looked like rabbits in the headlights at times.  Conceding an early goal just made any doubts worse , it's a shame we have a talent through the years , to save a poor performance for bigger games. 
I thought the Ref gave a lot of soft free kicks to you, we could have had a pen and the sending off was a disgrace (ours that is). That said by some of the noise coming from your lot you weren't impressed with him either.

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I said elsewhere, I thought you were decent not much more,  but that was all you needed and you were easily the better side.
We missed Baker (centre back) more than I think anyone would have realised , this was made worse by (IMO) poor selection of replacements. The defence has been brilliant this year and yet looked like rabbits in the headlights at times.  Conceding an early goal just made any doubts worse , it's a shame we have a talent through the years , to save a poor performance for bigger games. 
I thought the Ref gave a lot of soft free kicks to you, we could have had a pen and the sending off was a disgrace (ours that is). That said by some of the noise coming from your lot you weren't impressed with him either.

Id sort of agree, we wernt at our best, our best performance was against Forest away from home (or Burton at home), interestingly we only beat Forest 2-0 but it could have easily been 6-0, was as close to a perfect an away performance as you could get that day, just without the cutting edge.

Did notice Baker wasnt playing, as had highlighted him and Flint as being able to cope with Lasogga on our forum, which worried me, would he have made a difference? i dont know, Lasogga had probably his best game for us against you.  

Everyone has off games though, we were yours, we raised our game, you didnt, happens. 

Cant agree on the ref, i missed a bit of the game, stream dipping out and not finding it till half way through the first half, but i saw quite a few shirt pulls and trips (attempted and successful) from you guys, so dont think the ref was biased to us at all. 

Dont remember seeing a penalty claim, but that could have been when my stream failed or before i got it, vaguely remember hearing something about one though. 

Berardi was stupid, no question, but then Taylor was stupid in the first place reacting how he did to a fairly innocuous challenge, he went looking for a reaction, Berardi isnt the type to back down, totally the wrong player to try and square up to. Tbh on first watch it didnt look that bad, seen it since and it was dumb, but was still surprised he broke his nose.As for Taylor cant decide if he deserved a red, maybe a yellow, but the way he reacted could be classed as Violent Conduct,aggressive conduct offensive language (we dont know what he said), all 3 sending off offences. He may have been unlucky, but the situation was his fault in the first place,. 

Question from one of our forum regulars, was at yours for the match, goes to many games, Leeds through and through. 
Ask them what did they think of the noise our fans create & are they surprised by the number of supporters we take to away matches even on a Tuesday night ?

8 minutes ago, Cjay said:
Question from one of our forum regulars, was at yours for the match, goes to many games, Leeds through and through. 
Ask them what did they think of the noise our fans create & are they surprised by the number of supporters we take to away matches even on a Tuesday night ?

Not a great deal. Expected more from 3.5k tbh.

Not surprised at the numbers you take though, there are Leeds fans everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Cjay said:

not surprised by the numbers, you have a good following after all.

But other than a few choruses of "Marching on together" the noise wasn't overly impressive.

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Apart from a few noisy 'MoT's' I was a bit surprised at the lack of noise. I know people take the piss "Leeds would have taken more'etc , but you always travel well . Never surprised how many , always expect a good turn out.

As for Taylor , I agree stupid to react like that for a trip. I don't think he had Time to say much, from the trip to the headbutt he couldn't have said much, then he was busy holding his nose, which I must admit I thought he was putting on at the time. Bit swollen was the word from a player on Twitter a.bout his nose so there was contact

26 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Did notice Baker wasnt playing, as had highlighted him and Flint as being able to cope with Lasogga on our forum, which worried me, would he have made a difference? i dont know, Lasogga had probably his best game for us against you.  

I have personally been thinking Baker is probably our best player. A lot of people give Flint the attention because of his attacking threat but Baker, for me is up there as one of the best 3 CBs in the division. Positioning, reading of the game, tackling, heading, composure on and off the ball, all of it right up there and he's v consistent.

Without him Flint isn't the same player, as I think Baker is commanding the line. The two of them together are immense but without him Flinty often looks lost and error prone.

13 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I have personally been thinking Baker is probably our best player. A lot of people give Flint the attention because of his attacking threat but Baker, for me is up there as one of the best 3 CBs in the division. Positioning, reading of the game, tackling, heading, composure on and off the ball, all of it right up there and he's v consistent.

Without him Flint isn't the same player, as I think Baker is commanding the line. The two of them together are immense but without him Flinty often looks lost and error prone.

Certainly rated on the Villa forum is Baker, maybe a bit more mobile than Flint?  Could have helped with Lasoggas movement.

Was watching Flint as a kind potential signing since we were interested apparently, wasnt impressed.

Slow, not great reading of the game, looked nervous, didnt dominate and bully at set pieces, defensive or offensive, thats certainly something i expected. 

51 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Certainly rated on the Villa forum is Baker, maybe a bit more mobile than Flint?  Could have helped with Lasoggas movement.

Was watching Flint as a kind potential signing since we were interested apparently, wasnt impressed.

Slow, not great reading of the game, looked nervous, didnt dominate and bully at set pieces, defensive or offensive, thats certainly something i expected. 

Bakers a lot more mobile than Flint, plus his positioning and his reading of the game is excellent so he doesn't need to use 'mobility' as much in the first place. 

A good example, Saturday one of your players was one on one with Flint as last man and Aden looked panicky, back pedalling, and looking like he might trip over himself, leading to you having a decent chance. Same thing against Burton the week before and Baker calmly and strongly holds the player up, sheppards him out to the wing and let's the other defenders get back and they crowded him off the ball.

Different calibre of player to me. Flint does have some great games and normally gives it his all. Saturday looked like he did on our poor run last season. Nervy, unsure positionally and error prone. 

We can be decent defensively without Baker, but it's much more hit and miss and dependant on the type of team we're up against. But I guarantee you would have had a much tougher game with Baker in the team. Apparently he got injured trying some silly trick in training :facepalm:

Still though, full credit to you guys, totally deserved your win. To me it looked like you beat us at our own game - high energy, lots of pressure on the ball, scrapping and fighting to pick up all the second balls and then breaking on us whilst we're not set. Shame we weren't at it for whatever reason, would've made for a much more exciting game. But as it was, we rolled over for you, which was dissapointing. 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Flint is incredibly overrated on here, but if you dare to say he is anything other than perfect then it also automatically gets twisted into you saying he is totally useless.

He's just an average quality CB for this league who scores a bit more frequently than other defenders, however is also very prone to mistakes.

8 hours ago, Cjay said:

Could you just mix your chants up a bit ? Was too repetitive.

8 hours ago, RedSA said:

Bakers a lot more mobile than Flint, plus his positioning and his reading of the game is excellent so he doesn't need to use 'mobility' as much in the first place. 

A good example, Saturday one of your players was one on one with Flint as last man and Aden looked panicky, back pedalling, and looking like he might trip over himself, leading to you having a decent chance. Same thing against Burton the week before and Baker calmly and strongly holds the player up, sheppards him out to the wing and let's the other defenders get back and they crowded him off the ball.

Different calibre of player to me. Flint does have some great games and normally gives it his all. Saturday looked like he did on our poor run last season. Nervy, unsure positionally and error prone. 

We can be decent defensively without Baker, but it's much more hit and miss and dependant on the type of team we're up against. But I guarantee you would have had a much tougher game with Baker in the team. Apparently he got injured trying some silly trick in training :facepalm:

Still though, full credit to you guys, totally deserved your win. To me it looked like you beat us at our own game - high energy, lots of pressure on the ball, scrapping and fighting to pick up all the second balls and then breaking on us whilst we're not set. Shame we weren't at it for whatever reason, would've made for a much more exciting game. But as it was, we rolled over for you, which was dissapointing. 

Got yo agree with this. I'm a huge Flint fan but he had his poorest game for a while on Saturday. Normally whe he does things it's very noticeable as there is a split second where you get 'will he, won't he' get it right. With Baker it's much, much more smooth, you just don't notice him, he's seamless.. But ruddy hell you notice him when he's not there, and we missed him so much it hurt.

10 hours ago, Cjay said:

What did you lot think of the new ground ?

I was disappointed with your noise I thought burton on a Tuesday night was better 

9 hours ago, Cjay said:

You are bang on about Flint, gets a lot of attention because of all the goals he scores, don’t get me wrong, he is a true legend for us but Baker is by far the better centre half

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Apart from a few noisy 'MoT's' I was a bit surprised at the lack of noise. I know people take the piss "Leeds would have taken more'etc , but you always travel well . Never surprised how many , always expect a good turn out.

As for Taylor , I agree stupid to react like that for a trip. I don't think he had Time to say much, from the trip to the headbutt he couldn't have said much, then he was busy holding his nose, which I must admit I thought he was putting on at the time. Bit swollen was the word from a player on Twitter a.bout his nose so there was contact

Yeah, ive watched it a few times and there wasnt much movement from Berardi, but there was movement so cant argue that he didnt deserve a red, you could argue about Taylors red all day, there are reasons for and against. 

5 hours ago, Coombsy said:

What did you lot think of the new ground ?

I was disappointed with your noise I thought burton on a Tuesday night was better 

There should be a response to that on our thread soon, link is down the bottom somewhere, not so much time to go back and forth on a weekday :thumbsup:

Edit. Response came faster then expected so i will be helpful :laugh:.

It use to be a run-down ground, now Ashton Gate is really nice stadium & obviously set up for premiership football in the future. No doubt their owners will look to enclosed the stadium in one of the corners at the away end which I think is the South Stand. The wind & rain blew through that gap on Saturday which sent several Bristol fans to the left of us scuttling for cover when the storm reached it's peak. I was very impressed with their stadium :tup:

14 hours ago, RedSA said:

Flint sounds a bit like most center backs in this division. 

A solid player at this level, nothing more, nothing less, has his good games but also has his shockers, but he gives his all and the fans respect that. 

Think that describes most cbs in The Championship, a few are to good for this division, but the majority arent. 

Seems Baker may help mask Flints own short comings, and perhaps Flint does the same together, thats why they work as a pair, but one without the other to cover for there shortcomings and they look a much poorer player for it?

We had similar last season, Pontus and Bartley are both great at this level (perhaps to good) but thats a mater of opinion, as a pair they were one of the best, individually they were both one of the best cbs in the league. But for some reason one without the other always seemed a bit dodgy, Bartley especially never seemed like he was quite as comfortable without Pontus beside him, he wasnt bad, just he would make mistakes, and do things he wouldn't normally when Pontus was there. 

14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Flint is incredibly overrated on here, but if you dare to say he is anything other than perfect then it also automatically gets twisted into you saying he is totally useless.

He's just an average quality CB for this league who scores a bit more frequently than other defenders, however is also very prone to mistakes.

Sounds like our Captain, Liam Cooper is an average CB for this league, but he doesnt score much. :facepalm:

So from what you guys are saying, apart from the extra goals there isnt likely to be much difference between the pair? 

Cooper can be slow, poor game intelligence, naive, reckless etc.

But on the odd occasion he can be very good. 

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Flint sounds a bit like most center backs in this division. 

A solid player at this level, nothing more, nothing less, has his good games but also has his shockers, but he gives his all and the fans respect that. 

Think that describes most cbs in The Championship, a few are to good for this division, but the majority arent. 

Seems Baker may help mask Flints own short comings, and perhaps Flint does the same together, thats why they work as a pair, but one without the other to cover for there shortcomings and they look a much poorer player for it?

We had similar last season, Pontus and Bartley are both great at this level (perhaps to good) but thats a mater of opinion, as a pair they were one of the best, individually they were both one of the best cbs in the league. But for some reason one without the other always seemed a bit dodgy, Bartley especially never seemed like he was quite as comfortable without Pontus beside him, he wasnt bad, just he would make mistakes, and do things he wouldn't normally when Pontus was there. 

I'd say Flint needs Baker but not the other way round. Baker is an all round quality CB, one of the best in the division as the majority of Villa fans also feel. 

Archived