IGNORED

Great win but at a cost? Famara

Red_Nine

15 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

For the stick Woodrow got on Saturday I’m struggling to see what service he actually got? 

Against Derby he was harassing the defence and got the goal he deserved. It seems a typical OTIB one bad game and that’s it he’s shite and I never want to see him ever again. 

He’s only been used spareingly since coming here so has not had a good run to prove he can play. 

Đurić last night scared the shite out of their defence and battered them like Wilbraham used to, maybe we are seeing the real Milan. 

Good thing with the way Đurić plays is that both Reid and Taylor could benefit because before his introduction last night Taylor looked a bit headless. 

Can anyone comment on Taylor’s miss as from Block B he looked to miss a sitter but from where I was sat and wearing varifocals he could of been five feet away from the cross. 

Yeah he should have smashed that ball into the net but he got his timing wrong and missed it by inches, he has done that a couple of times before this season and I thought "here we go" then he goes and wins a ball he had no right to against 2 defenders and scores a blinder - so all is forgiven.

Anyway as someone mentioned Engvall returns from loan in November - so we have Engvall, Taylor, Woodrow, Đurić, Leko, available as well as Garita. So even with Famara and Reid out with injury we still have plenty of options.

8 hours ago, Xiled said:

Really don't like the way that injuries are piling up. Whatever the merits of their individual performances it would be great to have both Đurić and Diedhou fit.

Didn't Liverpool have a problem with this last season which was put down to their high pressure game? We may need to be careful here, it's OK when the squad are all fit and the players can be rotated, but players will struggle if they are asked to do it Sat/Tues/Sat.

While Milan played well and is a great option to have, I have a feeling Famara will be missed in the same way Korey Smith is missed. Fam has all the intangibles and attributes to be a top striker. With the price tag I think it’s easy for people to pick out what he doesn’t bring to the team. He’s relatively young and moved countries and will be playing to a higher standard 70% of the time. It was always going to be an adjustment for him. 

We will miss his all around game imo. He’s a bit quicker than Milan. Milan won a lot more in the air but we don’t look to play to feet with him on the pitch. This may make us more one dimensional. So hopefully he’s back after the next international break assuming he’s not torn any ligaments. Though even sprains can take 6-10 weeks depending on severity. 

43 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

For the stick Woodrow got on Saturday I’m struggling to see what service he actually got? 

Against Derby he was harassing the defence and got the goal he deserved. It seems a typical OTIB one bad game and that’s it he’s shite and I never want to see him ever again. 

He’s only been used spareingly since coming here so has not had a good run to prove he can play. 

Đurić last night scared the shite out of their defence and battered them like Wilbraham used to, maybe we are seeing the real Milan. 

Good thing with the way Đurić plays is that both Reid and Taylor could benefit because before his introduction last night Taylor looked a bit headless. 

Can anyone comment on Taylor’s miss as from Block B he looked to miss a sitter but from where I was sat and wearing varifocals he could of been five feet away from the cross. 

I thought it was Inter Milan and Real Madrid ? 

But we did play like them at times .

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Anyway as someone mentioned Engvall returns from loan in November - so we have Engvall, Taylor, Woodrow, Đurić, Leko, available as well as Garita. So even with Famara and Reid out with injury we still have plenty of options.

Engvall might return in November but he can't play for us again until January, not that I think he ever will again, anyway..

Archived