IGNORED

Great win but at a cost? Famara

Red_Nine

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry PSR, I've not really seen it. He's held it up a few times but generally his hold up play is not very smooth and it ends up being a desperate scramble for the 2nd touch. I've seen very rarely any aerial victories resulting in an attack. Đurić did this soooo many times tonight. He was superb. 

In fairness to Famara, I did think he was doing better before he went off than he'd done all season so far. So there is praise for him, but Đurić is head and shoulders above him. 

To be fair, he's head and shoulders over most people

3 minutes ago, miser said:

Last round - Famara flick to Taylor - short memory ?

Yep. Fair. 

I just don't see it enough in him though. He's definitely improving but Đurić offered everything tonight that I was hoping for in Diedhiou but haven't yet seen enough of. 

I honestly do not think this result would've come about had Famara not been injured, forcing Đurić's introduction. He changed the game, simple as that. 

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry to say it, but his injury changed the game. Đurić came on and immediately won an aerial and flicked it on for our first goal. Famara hasn't done that all season. 

Đurić did a superb 50 mins. My MOM by a long way. Totally changed the game. 

@miser you beat me to it.

30 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Diedhiou went off and we started playing better. 

Correlation but not causation for me. 

Exactly, Diedhiou started quite well.

28 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I’ve had 2 ACL injuries and walked off both times...

Only one for me, but yep, walked fine....just kept giving out.

LJ has said he’s opened up the ligament....totally different to ruptured or strained ACL....more likely a medical ligament tweak / strain.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

True. But Đurić's influence on the momentum shift in game was very obvious. 

For a bloke who’s been out so long it was an impressive comeback.  Thought he looked more mobile in 50 minutes than he did at any point last season.

LJ spot on that we will see more of him with this Duracell energetic team around him.  Think Djúric has more to offer on this evidence than I thought.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

For a bloke who’s been out so long it was an impressive comeback.  Thought he looked more mobile in 50 minutes than he did at any point last season.

LJ spot on that we will see more of him with this Duracell energetic team around him.  Think Djúric has more to offer on this evidence than I thought.

I think he was fit enough to play a couple of weeks back but with Fammy and Reid playing so well and Woodrow on the bench no need to rush him back or risk bringing him on and getting injured again. When winning and playing well we might as well rest him as long as possible and work him in training to test the injury when things aren’t as competitive 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

True. But Đurić's influence on the momentum shift in game was very obvious. 

Yes, I agree, he clearly affected the game and was very good, but so were others. To suggest that the game would not have been won without that change is to attribute too much importance to one player's contribution: we cannot possibly know that the outcome would have been different had Famara not had to leave the field early.

37 minutes ago, miser said:

Last round - Famara flick to Taylor - short memory ?

Actually. Whilst I initially agreed with your comment, I'm gonna respond again with this : 

When I say that Đurić won his aerial and that Famara hasn't done much of that, I'll expand and say Đurić won an aerial that he was 20-80 against to win - that's what I've not seen from FD that MD provided in abundance. 

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

Actually. Whilst I initially agreed with your comment, I'm gonna respond again with this : 

When I say that Đurić won his aerial and that Famara hasn't done much of that, I'll expand and say Đurić won an aerial that he was 20-80 against to win - that's what I've not seen from FD that MD provided in abundance. 

Thing is, unlike Đurić, he doesnt have 5 inches height on most defenders.

44 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Really don't like the way that injuries are piling up. Whatever the merits of their individual performances it would be great to have both Đurić and Diedhou fit.

...especially as it's the spine of the team.

It's too early to say how badly he's injured.

Đurić seemed to be up-to-speed from his first minute on the pitch and didn't noticably flag throughout the time he played.

Johnson was right to conserve the guy after so long out, but based on this evening, we should manage OK without Fammy for a bit.

Reid might be more of a loss if he isn't fit to play.

On tonights performance, you would have to start the next game with Milan and Matty up front with Bobby Reid and Woodrow on the bench.  Sure, Bobby and Milan might work, but Milan and Matty were great tonight.  Matty's best game in a City shirt for me once milan had replaced fam.

For a big man, fam doesnt win a lot in the air, is easily knocked off the ball and gives the ball away too easily. And gets done for pace every time.

For the stick Woodrow got on Saturday I’m struggling to see what service he actually got? 

Against Derby he was harassing the defence and got the goal he deserved. It seems a typical OTIB one bad game and that’s it he’s shite and I never want to see him ever again. 

He’s only been used spareingly since coming here so has not had a good run to prove he can play. 

Đurić last night scared the shite out of their defence and battered them like Wilbraham used to, maybe we are seeing the real Milan. 

Good thing with the way Đurić plays is that both Reid and Taylor could benefit because before his introduction last night Taylor looked a bit headless. 

Can anyone comment on Taylor’s miss as from Block B he looked to miss a sitter but from where I was sat and wearing varifocals he could of been five feet away from the cross. 

Archived