IGNORED

Matty Taylor Appreciation Thread

ZiderEyed

Have so much respect for Matty . His workrate is ridiculous and his hold up and link play is invaluable . BUT for me I have to say he's also the gutsiest player on the team . No other City player plays under the spotlight that he inevitably does and he seems to just deal with it . Absolutely love the guy ! ( in a butch , manly way of course) 

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Have so much respect for Matty . His workrate is ridiculous and his hold up and link play is invaluable . BUT for me I have to say he's also the gutsiest player on the team . No other City player plays under the spotlight that he inevitably does and he seems to just deal with it . Absolutely love the guy ! ( in a butch , manly way of course) 

Bear style .

Thought he played well last night. He was here, there and everywhere. A constant menace. He took his goal really well, off the chest swivel and bang.

300k Snake worth every penny. Saw a photo of him going down on Saturday being posted about on Facebook by the Sags with their comment "Print That Bastard" on it. He responded in the best way possible last night.

I was sat adjacent to MT when he collected that pass and thought he was going to muff it but he showed total class in the control of the ball and then the shot. First Class playing and fantastic  finishing, hope he starts to get a starting position on Saturday as given a few matches now he will be a vital asset to the team and will p*** off the Gasheads even more !

7 hours ago, grubby said:

I have 2 , just 2, sag fans that come into the pub, the only thing football wise we agree on is that MT is a great number 10, in the Sheringham position, not the most prolific but sees the game so well. Very clever footballer. 

This. Exactly who he reminds me of. Teddy was never tapping them in for fun but he could instantly change a game when he came on. 

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Cant fault Matty for effort, but he really did look good after Milan came on. Best game in a City shirt so far.

I said last night this was the partnership I wanted to see. I feel they both did well alongside one another and would expect them to feature more so while Bob and Fammy recover.

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I have seen some utter shit written about the bloke here. Outstanding performance only JB better for me. 

Probably referring to me and I'm not going to deny it, I haven't been convinced by him at all.

I still maintain his first touch is ropey (the ball bounced off him several times in the first half hour), however it was definitely his best performance for us and the work he put in once Đurić had gone off and he was up front on his own, was excellent.

Needs to bring his cup game to more league ones but was one of our best 3 players last night.

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

I was sat adjacent to MT when he collected that pass and thought he was going to muff it but he showed total class in the control of the ball and then the shot. First Class playing and fantastic  finishing, hope he starts to get a starting position on Saturday as given a few matches now he will be a vital asset to the team and will p*** off the Gasheads even more !

Now, that would have been fun to watch.

12 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Where did we sign him from, he looks like a 10 million pound player ?

:whistle:

You won't get much of a reaction from them for that as they don't understand £, apparently their official currancy is The Tilson.

7 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Only two of the quarters are live. And going by the trend of only showing PL v PL ties, I doubt we'll be one of the two...

I think we have now become the peoples favourite underdog, will be amazed if we are not one of the live games.

18 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It changed the game and it wasn't totally down to luck - if you watch MTs movement, he knew he wasn't winning the first header or the second and positioned himself for the mistake. Really intelligent play.

Matty is a very intelligent player. Probably offers the best movement. A good finisher too. Like to see more of him. 

18 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The way he anticipated the ball bouncing over the defender for his goal shows what an instinctive poacher he is. 

Many forwards wouldn’t have done that - pure goal scoring instinct to anticipate that in a split second window.

Reptillian anticipation. Sly, even. He just got into the right place and waited.....

Watching the highlights 

Just how good was Mattys touch spin and pass out to JB in the lead up,to JBs wonderstrike

Dont think its  been mentioned

A well executed , quick mind / quick feet piece of 'simple' football and the sort of thing that goes unnoticed in the GP flow of the game

A simple looking but Real quality piece of play (The passing to Brownhill>Taylor>Bryan was a slick piece of play but rally liked that Taylor was aware of JB outside (Behind) him and unselfishly and skilfully spun and moved it out there

Great piece of football - lovely to see 

Well done Matty

Think it's fair to say , ignoring goals , he's a better (Clever in his link ups)  'footballer' than any of us anticipated

:clap:

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think it's fair to say , ignoring goals , he's a better (Clever in his link ups)  'footballer' than any of us anticipated

I think so too. A sackful of assists, 100% given on the pitch, a real instinct for positioning, creates space for others with ease

First touch admittedly still needs to improve dramatically. But the day he gets that sorted he'll be WAY too good for us. 

A lack of composure in front of goal last year, I still think that was overeagerness with the move he made. He has composure - he's scored enough. Hopefully nerves have now settled and that issue goes away. 

The funniest thing is that this deal was a win win for us .

Scenario

a) The guy turns out to be totally useless .

We ruined the Gas upward momentum and highlighted the vast gap in quality between them and us 

b) He is as good for us as he was for them . 

It must ' sting '. :rofl2br:

All this for loose change that Lansdown found down the back of his sofa . 

One of the best transfers in our history.

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

I think so too. A sackful of assists, 100% given on the pitch, a real instinct for positioning, creates space for others with ease

First touch admittedly still needs to improve dramatically. But the day he gets that sorted he'll be WAY too good for us. 

A lack of composure in front of goal last year, I still think that was overeagerness with the move he made. He has composure - he's scored enough. Hopefully nerves have now settled and that issue goes away. 

" Overeagerness" to justify his price tag . 

:rofl2br:

Archived