IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Little Dig

Ian M

2 hours ago, JustinCider said:

This is only from memory but I seem to recall playing teams like York City in the old Div 4 in the mid 80's and there was only about 4,500 of us at home games. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

In the dark days of the early 80's, we did occasionally fall below 5K IIRC. 

2 hours ago, JustinCider said:

This is only from memory but I seem to recall playing teams like York City in the old Div 4 in the mid 80's and there was only about 4,500 of us at home games. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

IIRC,  just over 4,000 attended the Wimbledon game. We had 91 league position above us. We had arrived at the basement. We won 4-2.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

In the dark days of the early 80's, we did occasionally fall below 5K IIRC. 

Great days you mean - the freedom of the terraces to f about after a bottle or two of Natch was the best bit !!

Lets face facts - we didn't really watch the football - it was terrible !!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Great days you mean - the freedom of the terraces to f about after a bottle or two of Natch was the best bit !!

Lets face facts - we didn't really watch the football - it was terrible !!

True Neo. I actually enjoyed the match day experience then too. :yawn:

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's always been so. City for decades have had a far bigger fan base than the gas. 

The only time periods where attendances got close was the early 80s and then again in the early 90s.

The 50's was the only period where I think they consistently got bigger gates than us, thankfully that was before my time.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The 50's was the only period where I think they consistently got bigger gates than us, thankfully that was before my time.

And before my time. The late 60s I first went to  AG but way too young to even know there was another club in Bristol.

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I know I will come across as a sad statto (sod it, I am I may as well come clean), but the 50s were the only time in the Bristol clubs' history of rivalry when the Gas had the upper hand in attendances. Even when City were struggling in Division 4 the Gas gates were equally awful. It makes their claims of 'being the best in Bristol' 'closing the gap' etc all the more laughable. The Gas have not had half decent attendances for nearly 70 years, :laugh:. Lee's comments were pretty much spot on.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's always been so. City for decades have had a far bigger fan base than the gas. 

The only time periods where attendances got close was the early 80s and then again in the early 90s.

1950's. 

And the Gas finished higher in the league than City for twelve consecutive seasons. 

Archived