IGNORED

Shout out to the ref

Red-Robbo

After two absolute stinkers, we got one who knew his job. Clamped down on the late and off the ball challenges, penalised shirt-pulling and pushing, played advantage well. Didn't feel the need to flash cards all evening, but had some sensible "calm down" type talks with the players.

I'd also use this post to praise the Palace fans, who were pretty loud in the first half. I don't think any team's support would have many songs with what they had to witness in the second, but they still managed the odd ironic chant. They did at least stay in the ground after their team had metaphorically left it.

Thought he was good and perhaps slightly harsh on Palace. Think we fouled them a bit more than called but he did make the calls he should against us. Though there was a bit of a push on BW for their first goal but Milan could’ve been called for a foul in the build up to our first 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

After two absolute stinkers, we got one who knew his job. Clamped down on the late and off the ball challenges, penalised shirt-pulling and pushing, played advantage well. Didn't feel the need to flash cards all evening, but had some sensible "calm down" type talks with the players.

I'd also use this post to praise the Palace fans, who were pretty loud in the first half. I don't think any team's support would have many songs with what they had to witness in the second, but they still managed the odd ironic chant. They did at least stay in the ground after their team had metaphorically left it.

Palace fans were very loud and every song they sang was original and not your usual football chant. At one point it seemed like I had a European fan base to my left - good fans!

Although soured a bit when Souare threw his shirt in the crowd only for it to be thrown back at him! He was a sub when they were already 4-1 down and has recently returned from over a year out after a car crash - was a little bit harsh on him!

Got to agree @Red-RobboMy only comment would be that he took an age to let our physio on to treat Diedhieu who was only a couple of feet away. It was obvious he was in a lot of trouble, although not a head injury granted but the Ref really did take a very long hard look before he gave the go ahead.

Just now, ollywhyte said:

Palace fans were very loud and every song they sang was original and not your usual football chant. At one point it seemed like I had a European fan base to my left - good fans!

Although soured a bit when Souare threw his shirt in the crowd only for it to be thrown back at him! He was a sub when they were already 4-1 down and has recently returned from over a year out after a car crash - was a little bit harsh on him!

Yep I think those lads at the front were a bit harsh there. Other fans applauded the two who made the effort to applaud them.

All in all, there wasn't much for them to be happy about though. And they had to go back to Croydon! :laughcont:

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Got to agree. My only comment would be that he took an age to let our physio on to treat Diedhieu who was only a couple of feet away. It was obvious he was in a lot of trouble, although not a head injury granted but the Ref really did take a very long hard look before he gave the go ahead.

True. At least this ref made injured players go off and waved them on in a reasonable time. 

The guys officiating the Leeds and Burton games seemed happy to for "injuries" to clog up the pitch then spring back to life without even having to go to the sideline! 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

True. At least this ref made injured players go off and waved them on in a reasonable time. 

The guys officiating the Leeds and Burton games seemed happy to for "injuries" to clog up the pitch then spring back to life without even having to go to the sideline! 

Thats the rules now isnt it? You dont need to go off the field anymore if your "injured".

Just now, AshtonPark said:

Thats the rules now isnt it? You dont need to go off the field anymore if your "injured".

I may not be up with all the latest FA faffing about, but last night's ref, Tim Robinson - let's give him his name - did require players who'd needed physios on, to take to the sidelines. As is sensible IMO.

13 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Yeah they're big on that Ultra stuff over there. IIRC - they were partly influenced by our fans in the EE when it opened back in 07'. Not to everyone's taste but I think they're pretty good.

Archived