IGNORED

Baker, Reid, Smith

Kingswoodactor

I'd have all three back in.  Anyone could see how much we missed Smith in the first half last night, and assuming the Đurić still isn't fit enough for 90 minutes, then we need Bobby Reid to partner Matty Taylor, who I assume would play up front (so no high balls!).

Baker coming back in is a no-brainer.

15 minutes ago, nickolas said:

LJ said Baker was 7-10 days on Saturday so he must be close. He said Smith was ok for Sat but had no idea on Reid so 50/50. 

Baker and Smith would be the two i’d definitely like back if there was a choice. 

Thought LJ said BR was unlikely for Saturday, but anyway great news if all or some of those 3 are ready to face Sunderland.

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Smith for pack, yep. Would you drop flint or wright for baker ar play a back 5 with wing backs?

I think i would stick with Đurić and taylor up front with reid on the bench in case it isnt working.

Of course, lee may want to keep it tight at sunferland with quick counter attack raids.

Given Pisano looked a little rusty last night, LJ may start Wright at RB again, putting off a decision as to who to play alongside Baker.

I would stick with Đurić & Taylor too, Reid on the bench.

46 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Woodrow to start up front with Matty, at a guess.

Not ideal, it would be much better if we could start with Milan instead of Woodrow, but he may not be up to it after yesterday.

I think he'll start Woodrow as well. Fam not fit and LJ said last night he should of only played Đurić for 20 minutes but had no choice.

26 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Woodrow... groan... rather he started Đurić and bought on Woodrow when Milan tires.

I get it but plenty were slagging Đurić off before. It's very difficult for any player especially a striker if he's not getting a run of games and build a understanding with a a partner. Not saying i'd start him personally but can understand why he would. Medical department said he should of only played 20 minutes so can't see him starting

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We'll be fine.

Đurić>Diedhiou

He was last night as Palace were scared of him.

I'm not sure though that Taylor and Reid is a viable partnership.  Can see Woodrow starting to be honest (not that I would personally).  Đurić played a lot more than was intended last night.  Can see him being used carefully over the next few weeks to get him back up to speed.  

A week or so ago, we had a good squad with serious depth.

A few days ago, Smith, Baker, Reid injured, Paterson ill, Taylor suspended, Pisano and Djúric on way back, we suddenly looked light.

Today, better news on Smith, Baker and Reid, Pato back, albeit blowing, Pisano and Djúric getting good game time, suddenly we look strong again.

Funny game this.

Nice selection headache for LJ and Management Team.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

A week or so ago, we had a good squad with serious depth.

A few days ago, Smith, Baker, Reid injured, Paterson ill, Taylor suspended, Pisano and Djúric on way back, we suddenly looked light.

Today, better news on Smith, Baker and Reid, Pato back, albeit blowing, Pisano and Djúric getting good game time, suddenly we look strong again.

Funny game this.

Nice selection headache for LJ and Management Team.

To be fair it would be hard to have a happy squad if it was big enough not to look a bit light with nearly 7 players absent/unfit. 

Archived