IGNORED

Set Pieces

BCFC Rich

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

According to the Dean Holden Pre-Sunderland press conference Opta show we have scored the most at attacking set pieces this season. IT surprised me as don't tend to think of us being particularly good at that area.

Does a long throw qualify as a set piece?  

Hodurs long throw led to Djurics goal against Palace.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Was the best set piece player we’ve had for a long time. Why do you think Aden scored all those goals?

I'd don't imagine we've have sold a player if he was so called 'the best set piece player we've had for a long time'

Agreed in league one he set up alot of Flinty's goal, but for City in the championship he couldn't beat the first man on most corners nor did we score from many of his free kicks

and he ran round in circles when trying to take on a man. 

I wish him the best don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see he's doing reasonably well in a bang average championship side in QPR. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

He was brilliant in the L1 season but I think the quality of his deliveries went downhill the following season. As did every other aspect of our game to be fair.

Freeman was a big disappointment. I was certain he would become a top Champ performer after our promotion 

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

According to the Dean Holden Pre-Sunderland press conference Opta show we have scored the most at attacking set pieces this season. IT surprised me as don't tend to think of us being particularly good at that area.

Bristol City have been unusually good at set pieces consistently over seasons. An accepted norm is 2.5 - 3.2 goals from every 100 corners. Aden Flint goal scoring record v that is phenomenal. He is so effective it is absurd,

48 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Freeman's corners were often very high with not a great deal of pace, but accurate. Championship defenders eat up those balls for breakfast, whereas League 1 defenders struggled

I saw them completely the other way.  He hit them flat and relatively hard.  A number of pundits over the time complemented him on his delivery.

Archived