IGNORED

Diedhiou

MC RISK77

11 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not exactly what happened. Diedhiou let him self down with a very poor challenge.

Nonsense. He jumped for a header. It wasn't a "challenge", he went to head the ball and landed awkwardly. You can't possibly blame him for committing to trying to win the ball. If he'd not gone for it, the crowd (and manager) would not have been happy.

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Somebody just posted on FB that they bumped into LJ at Fear the other night, pics to prove it, and LJ told him Fammy's out for 3 months along with Jens. If that's true, it's bad news. :(

If true yes, it is.

However with Đurić coming back to fitness, Reid apparently back in the squad tomorrow, Taylor not banned and in (cup) scoring form and Woodrow a useful squad player, we are actually better off than we were when the season started.

Still like to see him back much sooner if at all possible though..

6 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Nonsense. He jumped for a header. It wasn't a "challenge", he went to head the ball and landed awkwardly. You can't possibly blame him for committing to trying to win the ball. If he'd not gone for it, the crowd (and manager) would not have been happy.

He was 2 m from the ball and had to jump over their player to have any chance of reaching the ball. A piss poor decision as it happened at the half way line. He should have a pay cut.

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He was 2 m from the ball and had to jump over their player to have any chance of reaching the ball. A piss poor decision as it happened at the half way line. He should have a pay cut.

Can't be bothered to respond to that properly. 

Just have a think about your reasoning that "he'd have to jump over their player to win the header" means you shouldn't go for the header.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

If true yes, it is.

However with Đurić coming back to fitness, Reid apparently back in the squad tomorrow, Taylor not banned and in (cup) scoring form and Woodrow a useful squad player, we are actually better off than we were when the season started.

Still like to see him back much sooner if at all possible though..

I could be utter bull Graham but the lad did post pics of himself with LJ and I've no reason to disbelieve him. Obviously, we hope Fammy's back a lot earlier than that but it won't take much injury wise for us to have a problem now and with Milan on the recovery path, let's hope he doesn't have an issue as that would be worrying.  

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not when you are 2 meters from the ball and need to jump infront (perhaps a more describing English word) of their player to have any chance of reaching the ball

I'm sorry, but semantics aside, this is still ridiculous. No one should be blamed for this, his jump for the ball wasn't a dangerous one, he was unlucky to land in such a way. There's no reason why he shouldn't be going for that header; this is just the risk of football, even without malicious intent, accidents happen. If you take that risk away, the game becomes a shadow of itself.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I'm sorry, but semantics aside, this is still ridiculous. No one should be blamed for this, his jump for the ball wasn't a dangerous one, he was unlucky to land in such a way. There's no reason why he shouldn't be going for that header; this is just the risk of football, even without malicious intent, accidents happen. If you take that risk away, the game becomes a shadow of itself.

Guess we have to agree to disagree

2 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

I'd like to see Sean McCoulsky brought back as he's not starting for Newport but has still managed to be top scorer.  Yes it's a big leap up to play in the Championship but natural goal scorers can often do it at all levels and he does look like he fits in that instinctive goal scorer category.  He might as well be on our bench and used as an impact player rather than be Newport's benched leading scorer.  7 goals from not a great amount of minutes on the pitch is impressive. I think Sean will be a better impact player to bring on rather than Cauley Woodrow.  

We can`t until January at least and maybe not until the end of the season depending on the loan period. Same with Freddie Hinds at Cheltenham.

2 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

You obviously don't understand what 'making a back' is.

Oh well..  

6 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh well..  

It’s not a phrase I’ve ever heard used before, and I’ve been around football at many different levels. Not a phrase commonly used, maybe one you’ve just made up. 

7 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

It’s not a phrase I’ve ever heard used before, and I’ve been around football at many different levels. Not a phrase commonly used, maybe one you’ve just made up. 

No it's a fact, don't beat yourself up if you have never heard about it. It's when a defender 'collapses' his back when an opponent jumps for the ball, resulting in a fall. As it was for Fam,  defenders do it all the time, very sneaky.

Quite laughable then you have to accuse someone of making it up because you have never heard of it,  if that was the basis of learning you might think the Earth was flat, and Super actually was. 

45 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No it's a fact, don't beat yourself up if you have never heard about it. It's when a defender 'collapses' his back when an opponent jumps for the ball, resulting in a fall. As it was for Fam,  defenders do it all the time, very sneaky.

Quite laughable then you have to accuse someone of making it up because you have never heard of it,  if that was the basis of learning you might think the Earth was flat, and Super actually was. 

Yep pretty common phrase, you see a lot of strikers do it, so defenders with forward momentum come over the top, and striker feigns a push in the back, crumples to the floor claiming a free-kick.

18 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh well..  

How patronising. Of course I understand what it is, I just don't think he did it with malicious intent. I also didn't mention the defender at all in the part you quoted, so maybe you didn't understand that I was referring to Diedhiou.

9 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

How patronising. Of course I understand what it is, I just don't think he did it with malicious intent. I also didn't mention the defender at all in the part you quoted, so maybe you didn't understand that I was referring to Diedhiou.

Just ignore him.

Archived