IGNORED

The best ever ?

gow2gooseya

On 31/10/2017 at 11:51, Robbored said:

Bryan is the best City LB in quite some time. As good as Bell and Brennan I reckon and there's another left back roughly 20/25 years back  signed from Sunderland I think whose name escapes me who was pretty useful as well.

City will have difficulty next summer hanging on to him. He'll be in demand from PL clubs for sure.

Try Martin Scott

On 31/10/2017 at 10:16, Hellfire Corner said:

But could Christiano Ronaldo cope with football back then, smoking 5 fags at half time, having a few pints the night before and travelling to the match on the bus with fans?

Could he also cope with running with the ball in 4 inches of mud

and being hit into row z by the likes of Hunter Ron Harris and Dave Mackey 

and not even getting a free kick for his pains 

IMO YES because players would adapt 

8 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it.

What did you hope to achieve by ressurecting this thread? It's just an "I told you so" isn't it?

No. It is rather a reminder that we should not get over excited at the start of a season.

I had no expectation with the comment other than to stimulate debate further under this thread's title.

By the way don't think anyone has mentioned Alec Briggs, one of the best full backs I have seen in the red and white of City.

Gary Collier was a class act and to shift Merrick to left back you needed to be some talent and Hunter was.

We have had some terrific left backs and of all of them Mickey Bell would top the lot. Joe Bryan is close but needs to be more consistent with his defending and work on why he gets done with the long diagonal ball all of the time.

Shaun Taylor was also a favourite, and of our current defence, Flint is up there.

He has a winning mentality and you would be hard pressed to think of another centre back who has scored the perfect hat trick. His true worth will only be known when he no longer plays for the club. That is the measure of the man.

As for right back, for me it has to be Kevin Amankwahh. What a player.

Tall, skilfull and quick, he kept Carey out of the side. Its rumoured Arsenal were looking at him but that disappeared when he had his serious car crash.

Archived