IGNORED

Fulham Forum - Praise for BCFC (merged)

Xiled

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

For cheating, we're not capable of joining the elite such as Leeds, or any club managed by Colin.

I do despise the myth that Neil Warnock's teams are 'cheats' - his teams over the last two seasons have finished 4th and 5th in the 'Fair Play' league....and before that he finished 11th and 11th - suggests other teams 'cheat' more than Neil's teams - and calling him 'Colin' is so tired and old and boring - he's a very successful English manager and a top bloke....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I do despise the myth that Neil Warnock's teams are 'cheats' - his teams over the last two seasons have finished 4th and 5th in the 'Fair Play' league....and before that he finished 11th and 11th - suggests other teams 'cheat' more than Neil's teams - and calling him 'Colin' is so tired and old and boring - he's a very successful English manager and a top bloke....

You must have forgotten Greg Halford's imitation of Lazarus a couple of years ago for Rotherham! 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nope I was there.....and his team still finished way up in the Fair Play league....he's very successful, people seem jealous of that and just want to label him a cheat....

How about telling his Sheff Utd players to feign injury in order to get a game abandoned?

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Jesus. 

17 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

How about telling his Sheff Utd players to feign injury in order to get a game abandoned?

Oh right, you were there and heard him say that then? Funny how the reports from the 4th official and the ref didn't include any accusations of that type.....and the two guys who went off were genuinely injured....but don't let any of that get in the way of your hatred....and why wasn't he charged with cheating after that game then?! And he said that Santos would never play for the Blades again after being sent off and Blades' player Suffo was transfer listed for his sending off.....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Got something to say on the subject then? Or do you just believe what the 'popular' media say about Neil? One word responses such as 'Jesus' are pretty pathetic....

I just can’t be bothered talking to, what appears to be, a brick wall. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m with you to an extent and would of had him at AG in a shot, I do find some of his after match whining tedious though

I met a group of Fulham fans in the Old Suffolk Punch on the Fulham Palace Road before the match (various ages from early 20s to 40s). Excellent company. We got talking about the match and most of them didn’t know much about our team about from the fact we had 2 big ******* in defence and hadn’t really heard of anyone apart from Aden. They were not worried about that as they were confident they would play round us and pass us off the park. They were a bit disillusioned about their recent form and that they were underperforming, but felt that although we had the best of recent results at their place they would win.

We arranged to meet back at the pub afterwards, and I must say, though disappointed they were very complimentary about us. They said we were the best organised team they had seen there this season and praised our speed on the ball, our high pressing and strong defence. They particularly mentioned Korey and Joe.

They felt their number 47 (cant remember his name, but looking for trouble all game) deserved his red card, and that our defence coped well with Sessegnon (their major threat in the early part of the game). We parted on friendly terms and arranged to meet there next year, though I did say we may not be in the same division!!

On 01/11/2017 at 00:08, RedDave said:

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

Jesus that's a shit team. Except the keeper and Stead 

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Jesus that's a shit team. Except the keeper and Stead 

Swap Marvin for Jon Stead and I'd agree.

Stead scored just 20 goals in 3 seasons at City - very personable chap and a few great goals but ultimately a disappointing spell at AG where he very much flattered to deceive.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Players diving (cheating) and wasting time (cheating) rarely result in bookings as the referee either falls for the con, or only shows the booking when a player has been repeatedly warned, so those things would have 0 impact on the Fair Play tables until one of Colins teams faced a referee who was in possession of a pair of testicles.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Swap Marvin for Jon Stead and I'd agree.

Stead scored just 20 goals in 3 seasons at City - very personable chap and a few great goals but ultimately a disappointing spell at AG where he very much flattered to deceive.

Don't make me dig out the stats again showing what happened when he got injured that season.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The play table is based purely on cards given out. So 1st of all if you are actually good at cheating you don't actually get that many cards (off the ball niggles and scraps and verbally wind ups). 2nd a lot of what you expect from an NW team is things that are unlikely to get you a card - throwing the ball away, exaggerating injuries, staying down longer than necessary, suddenly having a face/head injury when the opposition are about to break away etc. All things similar to the how Burton play/ed. I willing to bet they are not doing too badly in the fair play table either. If you don't think this is how Cardiff will play then you are deluding yourself. 

Is it effective? Yes. Is Warnock a fantastic manager at this level? Yes. Would I want city to play like a Warnock team to gain success? Not a chance.

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You can if you like Dan, but he was also dropped on occasion as well as injured.

OK. From the 11 games between O'Driscoll taking over and Stead being badly injured (including the game in which the injury occurred) we took 17 points (W5 D2 L4), which is basically the form we're showing at the moment, points-wise. Stead featured in all those games.

From the 9 games following his injury we took 2 points. That's not just relegation form, it's don't-win-a-game-all-season-and-barely-scrape-double-figures-in-points form.

I'm happy to concede that it's pretty terrible to be so reliant on one player, that his form across his time at City was patchy at best, and that there clearly must have been more to it than purely what he did on the pitch, but the difference is quite staggering. As significant events go, his injury is right up there.

None of this contradicts your point, and I wouldn't put him in the team now, nor would I pick him out as a particularly exceptional City player. I just think the effect* of his injury is remarkable.

* Or coincidence. It might be coincidence.

23 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

The play table is based purely on cards given out. So 1st of all if you are actually good at cheating you don't actually get that many cards (off the ball niggles and scraps and verbally wind ups). 2nd a lot of what you expect from an NW team is things that are unlikely to get you a card - throwing the ball away, exaggerating injuries, staying down longer than necessary, suddenly having a face/head injury when the opposition are about to break away etc. All things similar to the how Burton play/ed. I willing to bet they are not doing too badly in the fair play table either. If you don't think this is how Cardiff will play then you are deluding yourself. 

Is it effective? Yes. Is Warnock a fantastic manager at this level? Yes. Would I want city to play like a Warnock team to gain success? Not a chance.

Nailed it.

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

OK. From the 11 games between O'Driscoll taking over and Stead being badly injured (including the game in which the injury occurred) we took 17 points (W5 D2 L4), which is basically the form we're showing at the moment, points-wise. Stead featured in all those games.

From the 9 games following his injury we took 2 points. That's not just relegation form, it's don't-win-a-game-all-season-and-barely-scrape-double-figures-in-points form.

I'm happy to concede that it's pretty terrible to be so reliant on one player, that his form across his time at City was patchy at best, and that there clearly must have been more to it than purely what he did on the pitch, but the difference is quite staggering. As significant events go, his injury is right up there.

None of this contradicts your point, and I wouldn't put him in the team now, nor would I pick him out as a particularly exceptional City player. I just think the effect* of his injury is remarkable.

* Or coincidence. It might be coincidence.

This was my point really Dan.

I know he had a couple of very effective spells during his time with us, but he was also dropped several times - rightly imo. - for unacceptably poor performances and overall he didn't justify his high wages over the 3 years of his contract imo.

21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He is Colin.

And they do cheat. Since when has cheating been punished? 

On 01/11/2017 at 00:08, RedDave said:

What is the relevance that we have lost against them so many times?

about 4 games ago against them our line up was this.  No relevance to Saturday at all that we lost that game. 

GoalkeeperTom Heaton
DefenderBrendan Moloney
Defender/Centre BackLiam Fontaine
Defender/Centre backLewin Nyatanga
Defender/MidfielderRicky Foster
MidfielderPaul Anderson
MidfielderMarvin Elliott
MidfielderLiam Kelly
MidfielderStephen Pearson
ForwardSteve Davies
ForwardJon Stead

Jesus Christ! That team :facepalm: No wonder we went down. Look at that back 4!!! Also what ever happened to Liam Kelly?! Did we swap him for Korey at Oldham? What a deal that was!!

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nope I was there.....and his team still finished way up in the Fair Play league....he's very successful, people seem jealous of that and just want to label him a cheat....

That is because there isn't any way of  recording that a player played dead for ten minutes and then miraculously recovered. It's called cheating whether you like it or not.

Archived