IGNORED

LJ v Warnock

old_eastender

14 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

The biggest change was LJ learned that tinkering with his starting XI and formation almost every game was having a massively adverse effect. He didn't fully learn this for several weeks after the Cardiff game though.

Once we had a settled XI, results changed for the better. This season, changes have tended to be enforced due to injury. 

Plus, players in their second year have got a lot better: COD, Brownhill, for example.

Last season LJ was tinkering in an effort to find the most committed and determined players. The price the club paid for the inconsistency of selection and subsequent poor performances but it was necessary and we're seeing the benefits of that this season.

Ive used the word "mechanic" before to describe that he was looking for the right parts to get the engine - the team functioning in the way he wants.

21 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Now Im really confused.

I can understand predictive typing changing blocks into black when Robert The Bruce read it, but how the heck does it change it to blokes when you read it?

Modern technology - is it all that?

Perhaps i need an upgrade on my Commodore C64?

This is a fantastic upgrade has a addictive little game called snake too. Can see these things catching on.Old-Nokia-Phone.jpg

Wales online.

Warnock.

I always look forward to Bristol City. I always get such a warm welcome at Ashton Gate, which is a lovely ground. It's strange really because we're second in the league and I think we'll be underdogs given the way they're playing and the team they beat - Fulham - and they've beaten Premier League clubs to get Man United in the next round of the cup.

I quite like the challenge of going there and trying to come away with a result.

2 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Wales online.

Warnock.

I always look forward to Bristol City. I always get such a warm welcome at Ashton Gate, which is a lovely ground. It's strange really because we're second in the league and I think we'll be underdogs given the way they're playing and the team they beat - Fulham - and they've beaten Premier League clubs to get Man United in the next round of the cup.

I quite like the challenge of going there and trying to come away with a result.

Nothing too outrageous there - I'd say that's a pretty fair comment.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I see what you're thinking, Dave: DaveFevs is trying to think what Warnock thinks LJ is thinking about tomorrow. Well, if anyone can get to the bottom of that, it will be one of our more thoughtful posters on here. That's what I think. 

I think I over-thunk it :P

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That handset wasn't even thought of when the gas were last above us! :)

Im not even sure there was anyone for Alexander Graham Bell to ring when the Gas were last above us.

6 hours ago, BobbyC said:

Wales online.

Warnock.

Colin, you're a fat ****

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ soon realised after the defeat at Cardiff that he'd been outsmarted by Colin as a couple of games later (defeats) he said in an interview that teams had worked out how to play against us and that he needed to find a different way of playing. 

It took several more games before he eventually got the team playing differently.

He undoubtedly learned from that and we've seen so far this season what a different game City are playing and I'd be very surprised and disappointed if Colin  outsmarts him again tomorrow.

The loss at AG after throwing away a two nil lead was down to poor game management and that's and area where City have developed tremendously as we saw at Sunderland and Flum recently.

His name is Neil.....this 'Colin' thing is just as tiresome as 'Little Lee'...

Archived