IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda

SedRA

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yet another game when he was unplayable - Cardiff just could not deal with him although to be fair they didn`t resort to hacking him down as other sides have.

Keep it up lad, you`re a joy to watch at the moment.

He had Peltier on toast TBH but Peltier couldn't be more physical as he had already been booked IIRC. I thought he (COD) would swap sides more but he slaughtered Peltier today.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He had Peltier on toast TBH but Peltier couldn't be more physical as he had already been booked IIRC. I thought he (COD) would swap sides more but he slaughtered Peltier today.

True. That third minute (?) booking was great for us. I did think generally though that they did try and stop him fairly rather than by dirty tricks which is to their credit given the current state of the game.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Him, Brownhill and Reid have all become 'men' this season. As has Paterson.

Just shows 'buy raw talent' and given time to develop can work.

Has anyone mentioned that mazy run into the box Reid made and almost scored...Messiesque...brilliant stuff, all 3 are on fire.

It was a top-class run that would have been lauded if it had gone in.  Funny enough, Messi was the player I thought of just after he'd made the run.

The save was top-notch though (unfortunately).

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

It was a top-class run that would have been lauded if it had gone in.  Funny enough, Messi was the player I thought of just after he'd made the run.

The save was top-notch though (unfortunately).

I hope it's shown on any extended highlights...it was brilliant.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

True. That third minute (?) booking was great for us. I did think generally though that they did try and stop him fairly rather than by dirty tricks which is to their credit given the current state of the game.

Indeed RRH, very un-Warnock like.

If COD can keep up this level of performance, we will be lucky to keep hold of him TBH. He really is turning into a fine player, especially for one so young. A fella behind me in Dolman B was comparing him to a young Giggs today, while he's not at that level, I can see where he gets the comparison as he was unplayable at times today. I almost felt sorry for Peltier then I remembered who we were playing! 

At last believing in himself, I still think he needs more self confidence as he has a great physique, fitness and left foot. Must have been difficult last season in what was a disruptive dressing room at times. I think the adjustment for Callum is being the “go to” player rather than “just” a squad player. Has a bright future.

Archived