IGNORED

Simulation

Ian M

• Admin

With the topic pertinent at the moment following Bailey Wright's recent suspension for being shoved to the ground I watched my first Premier League game of the season yesterday, Chelsea vs Manchester.

I had to turn it off at half time. 

The amount of times players were going down and winning free kicks from the compliant referee, often when no contact was made at all had my blood boiling. 

To think I actually believe we have a decent chance of playing at that level next season, every game is going to get my blood pressure rising due to the amount of cheating taking place. 

Obviously I want to see City succeed and play at the highest level possible, I'm just not sure I will enjoy it much if we get there :shutup:

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

With the topic pertinent at the moment following Bailey Wright's recent suspension for being shoved to the ground I watched my first Premier League game of the season yesterday, Chelsea vs Manchester.

The amount of times players were going down and winning free kicks from the compliant referee, often when no contact was made at all had my blood boiling. 

To think I actually believe we have a decent chance of playing at that level next season, every game is going to get my blood pressure rising due to the amount of cheating taking place. 

Obviously I want to see City succeed and play at the highest level possible, I'm just not sure I will enjoy it much if we get there :shutup:

Totally agree mate and I think we are one of the best teams in the Championship for staying on our feet....can you imagine Flinty rolling around in fake agony? In fact, even if he was hurt he would get up and attain retribution later...:gasmask:

13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The majority of free kicks in football, imo, involve simulation. 

Change the rules to include "players must attempt to stay in their feet at all times" (minus sliding tackles and the like) and a ref can simply say "I'm not giving anything as you didn't attempt to stay upright".

Would be much easier to see fouls for what they are then. 

Ref should ask to see the bruise before giving a free kick.  No bruise or blood, then it's off for simulation :)

It gets me when players are running round with ripped shirts and no free kicks for shirt pulling.

Add to this 10 minutes of blatent time wasting and the ref only allows 3 mins of added time. It all needs to be added.

54 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Won't be long until it happens at this level, youngsters aren't being told off when they dive and the influx of foreign players results to more and more of it

It is already rampant at this level, and English players are just as bad as Johnny Foreigner for it. 

It's pathetic how some players cheat on the pitch. But only something you tend to see in the men's game. In women's football they just get up and get on with it; even after some real crunching challenges.

It's not helped either by certain ex-pro pundits claiming a player had the "right to go down" or "win his team a penalty". You don't win a penalty... you are awarded it

Diving/feigning injury/simulation - in other words physically fit and strong young players falling over at the merest touch - is one thing about football that drives me mad. As does when pundits debate whether there was any contact. It's a contact sport, for god's sake.

I'm not really a rugby fan but many professional footballers could learn a thing or two from the egg chasers in this respect.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I reckon that Bailey Wright should film a new Gif where he is holding his face with blood pouring everywhere. :)

42 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or just theatrically jump up and dive (crash mat or something below off screen)

Or just stand there wearing a "Fock the F.A." T-shirt.

On seconds thoughts...

Having played football to a decent level myself, I can honestly say I have forced myself to go down multiple times. If you don't, the referee doesn't give you penalties, free kicks etc. which are very deserved - if you get kicked hard in the shin but stay on your feet, 95 times out of 100 the referee will play on - despite the rules saying it should be a foul. So I'm not surprised professional footballers often go over easily.

Just playing devil's advocate here :yes:

6 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Having played football to a decent level myself, I can honestly say I have forced myself to go down multiple times. If you don't, the referee doesn't give you penalties, free kicks etc. which are very deserved - if you get kicked hard in the shin but stay on your feet, 95 times out of 100 the referee will play on - despite the rules saying it should be a foul. So I'm not surprised professional footballers often go over easily.

Boo ! 

14 minutes ago, Distortia said:

So is it simulation or distortia? :blink: 

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Don't worry Ian some on here believe it will be start of a 'zero tolerance' approach by the mighty FA, so with that as a given you were at the game and I watched it on TV and my count would be 12 players will be referred to the simulation panel today, I bet Jose and Conte are shitting themselves?.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Don't worry Ian some on here believe it will be start of a 'zero tolerance' approach by the mighty FA, so with that as a given you were at the game and I watched it on TV and my count would be 12 players will be referred to the simulation panel today, I bet Jose and Conte are shitting themselves?.

Wouldn' be surprised if they get bans for that as well.

4 hours ago, Ian M said:

Exactly my thoughts. Makes it even worse that they make an example of Wright when he was clearly clattered but the Premiership fancy dans get away with it...

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Is simulation a real problem ? 

It is when you start to get addicted. There is a real chance that you won't leave your bedroom or even eat. These cities, rollercoasters, trucks, flights etc won't build, erect, drive, fly on their own you know.

Archived