IGNORED

Level 3 Ticketing Priority?

AndySnapper

@Welcome To The Jungle you make some fair and valid points. 

The main ones I’d disagree with are that you can’t just compare a handful (less than) of clubs like Huddersfield & Bradford, when the vast majority are on a par with our prices and plenty charge more. We need to be competitive to comply within FFP rulings, but yes, English football IS comparatively over priced compared to most other countries. However, the English game/fans demand the best players & best facilities and that all costs money. Self generated money, for those not privy to Premier league riches. 

I don’t think SL’s channel island living is an issue, it’s legal, above board and restricted by certain rules. Perhaps the option is wrong, but his actions are not and he, moreso than many, is certainly “giving back” to his home, local and international projects so that other people also benefit from his self made wealth. 

Also, I don’t believe that the Man Utd tickets are overpriced, they are just more than the generously discounted prices from previous rounds. They are in line with our “Gold category” match prices and Man Utd will have had to agree these anyway, so even had we wanted too (of course we wouldn’t) we couldn’t have just set them at £10/£15/£20 per game. 

Mots sad to see a real football feel the way you do. I see your view point on many aspects. Unfortunately things won’t be changing any time soon and as the  last couple of seasons have shown, for every fan that no longer likes/enjoys football the way it is, there are 2/3 others who do and will take your place. 

Football IS a business these days, but I very much agree the the fans in the stands (not so much the hospitality) are most certainly supporters, NOT customers! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, I’m aware of all that. My post was simply suggesting that rather than miss what is potentially our best period in living memory, for many, he may want to think about whether his “proving a point” is worth that. If he feels that it is, then that’s fine. 

Unfortunately the AMF campaign fails to understand that the “modern” game is as it is because it’s fitting in with “modern” times. 

I understand what us “old school” fans don’t like about it. The question is how many of those vocal AMF campaigners line the pockets of the beast (Sky) with their subscriptions..? And how many of them cry out for big money signings to chase success for their teams..?

The facts are that (particularly our) attendances have seen a massive increase. 

I understand that some people would prefer to pay half the amount to stand on an open/crumbling terrace and still piss against a brick wall, whilst ankle deep in others bodily waste, but when that was the serving on offer, we’d often struggle to get half the numbers through the turnstiles that we are getting now and supporting your team was quite a dangerous pastime. 

Times have changed and people are flocking to it. Rightly or wrongly, that’s how it is. I certainly wouldn’t want to miss the progress that we are making on, and off the pitch. 

That's all valid stuff. Think Sky is the big driver in the modern game, especially over here... Is kinda my point also, this slogan, campaign, perhaps ethos hasn't caught on in the same way here as other bits of Europe.

This is true as well. Since the ground redevelopment especially there has been a remarkable rise, indeed up across the board last 20 years especially. We have seen long term growth in ours even discounting the rebuild factor- but that clearly is the main one.

Agreed about elements of that. Danger is a part, pissing on a terrace, racism etc on terraces. 80s, things surely went too far.

However things have swung too far the other way- as I'm sure you know well, ridiculous law of no alcohol in seat. Contrast that to when I was at Roma in August- they actually SOLD beer to.people in the stand! It wasn't as flash as the new Gate, absolutely not. It was exciting though, it was more raw.

Agreed on that last point.

In general terms, the 'big' League that has the best balance between old and new football? Bundesliga. By far IMO.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

@Welcome To The Jungle you make some fair and valid points. 

The main ones I’d disagree with are that you can’t just compare a handful (less than) of clubs like Huddersfield & Bradford, when the vast majority are on a par with our prices and plenty charge more. We need to be competitive to comply within FFP rulings, but yes, English football IS comparatively over priced compared to most other countries. However, the English game/fans demand the best players & best facilities and that all costs money. Self generated money, for those not privy to Premier league riches. 

I don’t think SL’s channel island living is an issue, it’s legal, above board and restricted by certain rules. Perhaps the option is wrong, but his actions are not and he, moreso than many, is certainly “giving back” to his home, local and international projects so that other people also benefit from his self made wealth. 

Also, I don’t believe that the Man Utd tickets are overpriced, they are just more than the generously discounted prices from previous rounds. They are in line with our “Gold category” match prices and Man Utd will have had to agree these anyway, so even had we wanted too (of course we wouldn’t) we couldn’t have just set them at £10/£15/£20 per game. 

Mots sad to see a real football feel the way you do. I see your view point on many aspects. Unfortunately things won’t be changing any time soon and as the  last couple of seasons have shown, for every fan that no longer likes/enjoys football the way it is, there are 2/3 others who do and will take your place. 

Football IS a business these days, but I very much agree the the fans in the stands (not so much the hospitality) are most certainly supporters, NOT customers! 

The only thing I would add the prices are similar to NON Member "Gold" prices - shame they were not nearer the member Gold prices

But guess there is little or no chance of this game making general sale for those who are not members

Archived