IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda Tweet

Vincent Vega

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Drives me mad players with all the talk on twitter before and after games. How we didn't turn up for this game is beyond me. Do the talking on the pitch. 

Do the talking on the pitch.

It’s that simple because we have a god given right to just turn up and play like Barca every week......piece of piss!!!!!

Theres never an opponent trying to stop us.

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Do you know when he said that? Seems a bit odd.

I think he's said he just prefers to concentrate on his own game, but things change.

He's getting older now, the team around him is getting younger, and Flint is clearly a leader, so perhaps he should reassess his position regarding the captaincy.

If LJ thinks Flint is capable of relaying his pre match instructions to the team on the pitch when necessary he should persuade Flint to take over.

He certainly has all the other attributes and it may be time for LJ to be persuasive in that direction imo.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure he said he’d rather concentrate on his own game.

I remember hearing/reading something to that effect.  It stuck in my mind because he does seem to have all the attributes to be a good captain.

Yes @Nogbad the Bad, I think you got a point. We do lack a strong voice when under pressure, I was screaming at them to get stuck in and they were too nice just being bullied last night.  I think Bailey like his vice Captain are great players, very popular but a bit to laid back sometimes. If Flint isn't up for it, maybe Baker? Experienced footballer, likely to stay and play, has a bit of an edge? 

I've always thought Flint would be the ideal captain, he pretty much does the job anyway and has done all the time he's been here as others have said. The little bits I know though is that he's very focused on his own game Aldo as someone has said, totally in his own zone and doesn't communicate much at all. He also has said he wouldn't have the patience to be manager or that sort of thing. Probably not best pre-match for your Captain to be like that, but hey it works for him.

Edit: Regarding last night Bayley was also on a harsh booking. With that Ref if he had stated our case as Captain I wouldn't put it past the ref to dismiss him for dissent

Archived