IGNORED

Eliasson on the left

DevonRed794

Surely deserves a start after last night? The only player who attempted to run forward with the ball and take a man on. Could tell the Preston full back was scared to tackle him with his close ball control. Would like to see him have a go on the left however, his deliveries look mint with his left foot. Eliasson banging them in from the left with Djuric on the end of them will give defenders something to worry about.

29 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Throbbing great bright spark from yesterday. Really impressive when he actually took players on.

Absolutely. He has a pace advantage over O'Dowda, which scares defenders. Can't say that either Pato or COD are stupidly quick, it's good to have the option of a couple of pacey wide men to bring in (Leko as well if he starts playing well again).

I think him and O'Dowda should start on saturday. But COD on the left as I think Eliasson seems to be comfortable taking on the fullback either side. But I imagine they'll rotate throughout the game. Be interesting to see who the fullbacks behind them are, if it's Maggs and Wright then I'd be slightly worried about us when attacking Hull's flanks.

Wingers are always difficult.  If they have the beating of their fullback then they can be great, if they can't there is little point in them being there.  But they can switch wings and we can replace them if its not working.

If you play with wingers, you do need some height and strength in the box and it seems that whenever wecross the ball, our forwards dont challenge for it or cant win it.

Djuric may be the answer if he is fit and hopefully fammy in Jan. 

Surprised Taylor didnt get a game last night as he seems to be an annoyance for defenders.

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think him and O'Dowda should start on saturday. But COD on the left as I think Eliasson seems to be comfortable taking on the fullback either side. But I imagine they'll rotate throughout the game. Be interesting to see who the fullbacks behind them are, if it's Maggs and Wright then I'd be slightly worried about us when attacking Hull's flanks.

Swear I think it and you write it sometimes. Eliasson has to be on the right for me and COD on the left if Djuric is playing. Only thing is COD always seems to go left when on the left. No confidence to cut inside and use his weaker foot. Means he becomes more predictable. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Swear I think it and you write it sometimes. Eliasson has to be on the right for me and COD on the left if Djuric is playing. Only thing is COD always seems to go left when on the left. No confidence to cut inside and use his weaker foot. Means he becomes more predictable. 

COD is better at tracking back though

Archived