IGNORED

Scottish football - crap

Robbored

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What pisses me off is Scottish fans thinking they're an amazing League whereas in reality the SPL is shite. Only two clubs in it.

Its pathetic.

The problem is the old firm clubs in terms of support are two of the best supported Clubs in Europe... this goes to there heads a little i think. Its a poor league but dont know what people expect from a country of 4 million..

I went to a Hearts game a few weeks back whilst abroad in Edinburgh.... fanatical fans but not sure they thought the standard was amazing although I couldn't understand a bloody word apart from "geet it ooot" (translation: hoof it up the middle aimlessly) English Div2 imo.:whistle:

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Its pub football at best. I'm surprised the sags haven't pitched up in Scotland, even they would do well up there.

I am always wary when we were looking to buy scottish. Thankfully the tenure of our scottish manager is gradually receding.

Scott Murray....Gerry Gow....Tom Ritchie I guess they were worth a gamble

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Undefeated Celtic ( a Scottish record......:facepalm:.) get stuffed by 7 by a decent team in PSG.

Just highlights how shite Scottish football is.

Didnt Celtic concede 8 against Barca not so long ago? 

Its a different level outside of the SPL

Think PSG are better than ' decent'?!

Just now, City Cat said:

That was a long time ago. 35 ish years at a guess for two of them so whilst I take your point, I also think you're stretching it a bit!!!

If any of those players were playing today they would be seasoned internationals.

Just now, City Cat said:

I'm not referring to individual players. It's the SPL I'm critical of - it's absolute shite which gets exposed regularly when they play a half decent European outfit.

The jocks have produced many classy players. Shankley in his day was very decent. Since his time numerous Scottish players have made an impression down south. Our own Gerry Gow and Tom Richie are just two. Kenny Dalgliesh and Alan Hansen another two.......Denis law.........

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

The Premier league would be exactly the same without the tv billions that are pumped into it.

not sure about that, apart from the old firm have you seen some of the crowds in the scottsh prem about level with league 1,there are many income streams from larger crowds sponsorship etc in the prem, all  the top leagues benefit from tv money.

Still, after the many, many times Robbored has started another topic about Scottish football, I still can't decide if it's an attempt at trolling or if he just really enjoys talking about it...?

PSG are an awesome outfit... Celtic aren't :D. However, when PSG have been dishing out beatings to some of the very best sides in the game in recent years, I think Celtic did well to hold them to 12 over two games!

If Celtic secure third place and europa league football then the campaign is a success overall.

For the record, the vast majority are well aware of the standard of the league, so the comment about thinking it's an amazing league is baffling.

There are a few people that are apparently so disinterested and care so little about Scottish football that they actually end up mentioning it all the time. Robbored falls very nicely into that niche group.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm not referring to individual players. It's the SPL I'm critical of - it's absolute shite which gets exposed regularly when they play a half decent European outfit.

The jocks have produced many classy players. Shankley in his day was very decent. Since his time numerous Scottish players have made an impression down south. Our own Gerry Gow and Tom Richie are just two. Kenny Dalgliesh and Alan Hansen another two.......Denis law.........

Billy Connolly :facepalm:

Sorry !............

5 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Still, after the many, many times Robbored has started another topic about Scottish football, I still can't decide if it's an attempt at trolling or if he just really enjoys talking about it...?

PSG are an awesome outfit... Celtic aren't :D. However, when PSG have been dishing out beatings to some of the very best sides in the game in recent years, I think Celtic did well to hold them to 12 over two games!

If Celtic secure third place and europa league football then the campaign is a success overall.

For the record, the vast majority are well aware of the standard of the league, so the comment about thinking it's an amazing league is baffling.

There are a few people that are apparently so disinterested and care so little about Scottish football that they actually end up mentioning it all the time. Robbored falls very nicely into that niche group.

Maybe a Scotsman shagged his missus or burned down the bowls pavilion.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

What pisses me off is Scottish fans thinking they're an amazing League whereas in reality the SPL is shite. Only two clubs in it.

Its pathetic.

Where have you got that perception from?

Please be reassured NO football fan in Scotland thinks it's an 'amazing'  league - and I include in that the fans of the bigot brothers.

The game up there is dying on its ass and there are a number of reasons for that, not least the SPFL pandering to the two aforementioned clubs.

The best thing for Scottish football would be for those two to find a home somewhere else - that is not going to happen anytime soon, mainly because no other league would want them. Which is totally understandable.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

not sure about that, apart from the old firm have you seen some of the crowds in the scottsh prem about level with league 1,there are many income streams from larger crowds sponsorship etc in the prem, all  the top leagues benefit from tv money.

As i said what do people genuinely expect from a country of 4 million? Not defending the sweatys but **** me there a very small nation.

Archived