IGNORED

15 years ago today (Merged)

Milton Red

Pretty sure I've still got that match on vhs - purchased from the club shop!!

Shall have to dig that out when I move house and copy it to dvd. Really hope it wasn't in one of the boxes that my parents skipped a few years ago "as it was in the loft"....

After 85 minutes the Stags fans were singing "Can we play you every week....". 

At the JPT game against the 6th richest team in the country, visitor's endless renditions of "We've got our stadium....."

Both being attempts to hurt our delicate feelings.

I've stumbled across a KARMA-related quote from that famous historical philosopher, Sylvester Stallone (honestly!)  

There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.

(No further questions, Your Honour)

• Admin
On 28/11/2017 at 17:15, Ian M said:

I thought this was gonna be a thread about the last time Rovers were above us but then I realised 15 years ago was too recent.

IIRC you were one of the early leavers..... :P

For a ‘lowly’ league game, it was indeed one of the most memorable I have been to and was so glad I stayed to the end.

I wasn't there but I remember it well. I was in my university digs, cooking whilst listening to Jeff Stelling. The score still said 4-3 on the graphics when Jeff said in that oh so excitable voice.."what a game it's been at Field Mill.. it's now Mansfield 4 Bristol City....FIVE!!"

I started jumping crazily around the kitchen and knocked a bunch of vegatables onto the floor. My timid as hell Japanese dorm mate came out to ask what on earth was going on. Another guy (Irish "Liverpool" fan) couldn't understand how I could get so excited over a lower league team. Good times!

I have a vague recollection of something similar happening earlier that season. Port Vale rings a bell?

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I wasn't there but I remember it well. I was in my university digs, cooking whilst listening to Jeff Stelling. The score still said 4-3 on the graphics when Jeff said in that oh so excitable voice.."what a game it's been at Field Mill.. it's now Mansfield 4 Bristol City....FIVE!!"

I started jumping crazily around the kitchen and knocked a bunch of vegatables onto the floor. My timid as hell Japanese dorm mate came out to ask what on earth was going on. Another guy (Irish "Liverpool" fan) couldn't understand how I could get so excited over a lower league team. Good times!

I have a vague recollection of something similar happening earlier that season. Port Vale rings a bell?

2-0 up at half time and cruising. Vale equalised in 91st minute only for Lita to latch onto a Tinnion through ball and volley the winner into the net. I think Brooker scored one of Vales goals that day 

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

2-0 up at half time and cruising. Vale equalised in 91st minute only for Lita to latch onto a Tinnion through ball and volley the winner into the net. I think Brooker scored one of Vales goals that day 

I'll add a further late show that season against Luton in a hotly contested game esculating in Luton being down to 10 men and Tony Thorpe's return. 1-0 down and City all over them Beadle fires in a goal in what must have been the 93rd minute. Ashton Gate went mad.

Archived