IGNORED

15 years ago today (Merged)

Milton Red

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Still get shivers down my spine when I think back to when the 4th and 5th goals went in!! Absolute scenes in that away end!! I go pushed down the stand went flying head first over the sponsor boards hahaha great memories

Remember fainting when the 5th goal went in, came round and didn't have a clue where I was etc

(A mate of mine was the mascot that date)

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This more than any other reason is why I will never understand why anyone could ever leave a football match after 75 minutes.

I would call it sufficient punishment. Imagine being at that match and going early you would still be angry 15 years on

I remember travelling back on CATS after an evening away game (fairly sure we'd lost as the mood was poor), where someone had brought the VHS of the full match to play on the journey home to cheer us up.

The excitement was building throughout, waiting for that glorious moment when Roberts would lash in the winner and we could forget about the match we'd just travelled to see. Unfortunately, the tape had obviously been rewound and played at that point so many times that the moment it was played into Christian's feet at the edge of the box the picture and sound distorted horribly, only going back to normal about 30 seconds later after the wild celebrations :D 

The anti-climax was worse than seeing us concede a goal. I think I turned towards the window in disgust and slept out the remainder of the journey :D 

I collected my son from London Rd where he'd been watching the Posh. He grumbled that as City had lost to Mansfield, that meant P'boro' were bottom of the league.

When we got in, I turned on the TV to see that Mansfield were bottom, so hurriedly checked the scores as City had been 4-2 down when I left home. Unbelievable! Thinking about it, that game makes up for Wembley in 1987.

What a game, what a fightback! You had to be there to experience the outright euphoria when Christian scored - pandemonium in the away end, talk about 'let's go ****ing mental!'...chaos! I remember falling over some seats celebrating i think but couldn't care less.

And it was a bit feisty outside....

Life has gone full circle in strange ways, my young daughter lives in Mansfield and i visit every weekend, when i see the ground it brings back that game as if it was yesterday!

On 23/11/2017 at 12:15, slartibartfast said:

I was there.........they weren't happy !

Not half. Rememeber walking out at FT with my two mates and getting verbal abuse from one of their fans who called us a bunch of cheating bastards.  I pointed out that at 4-4 their fans threw the ball to the back of the stand to waste time. Had they not done so I’m fairly certain the ref would have blown up.

The limbs in the away end unreal. Only thing that’s come as close was when Nobes banged one in at Palace 

On 23/11/2017 at 16:12, weepywall said:

I got thrown out at halftime went for a couple of pints and got back in when the gates opened 10 minutes from the end best 65 minutes of football I've ever seen !!

Bonkers game. If thats true that's one of the best football fan accounts I've ever heard. Absolute gold dust. :clap:

Archived