IGNORED

A fantastic comeback however...

Charlie BCFC

22 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

He started at sheffield wednesday and was very good. Wednesday fans admitted they were relieved when he was subsituted.

The "desperate first touch" arguement is bullshit. Ill agree when he first signed i was concerned by it but there has been little wrong with it since. 

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

His `desperate first touch` wasn`t too shabby v Palace.

Overall (imho) he isn’t good enough, but he has shown flashes (Stoke and Palace he was good all game, but that’s two games).  Most players at this level have ‘something’, but they don’t show it, or at least not consistently.  Taylor falls into that category for me.  He’s a streaky player, even at Rovers he was.  I never get a sense he’s under full control with the ball at his feet.  He’s one of those players that needs to look at the ball when it’s at his feet.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Overall (imho) he isn’t good enough, but he has shown flashes (Stoke and Palace he was good all game, but that’s two games).  Most players at this level have ‘something’, but they don’t show it, or at least not consistently.  Taylor falls into that category for me.  He’s a streaky player, even at Rovers he was.  I never get a sense he’s under full control with the ball at his feet.  He’s one of those players that needs to look at the ball when it’s at his feet.

I think we`ll have to agree to disagree mate. I think if he gets a run in the side he will succeed. I see more from him than Cauley even though I don`t subscribe to the `Woodrow is awful` theory.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think we`ll have to agree to disagree mate. I think if he gets a run in the side he will succeed. I see more from him than Cauley even though I don`t subscribe to the `Woodrow is awful` theory.

That’s fair enough, all about opinions.

I said at the start of the season, that Taylor will be probably be gone by the summer (think I might’ve said, possibly January).  I still stand by that.

I would be more than happy for him to be a success, but in truth, i’m waiting for the emergence of Engvall :P

This is also not written as a negative post.

There is no doubt that our recent performances against PNE and for the first 65 / 70 minutes against Hull have been very poor; in particular we have created very little in the way of goalscoring chances, lacked creativity in midfield and displayed some shocking defending.

LJ spoke about us ‘losing our identity’ against PNE, I think he meant that we stopped playing as we had been (notably secure defending alongside neat passing and movement) and reverted to lumping a long ball too often towards an isolated Milan. Yesterday, until we scored, we were poor all over the pitch, once Flint scored we showed great character and belief while Hull’s fragility / low confidence was fully exposed.

Flint says no is simply saying that if we play like we did for the majority of the game v Hull (and I’d add PNE) against stronger teams we will be beaten, I agree. 

Injuries have certainly led to the recent poor performances and revealed that we don’t have the strength in depth that we might have hoped. Good business in the next transfer window is needed to strengthen the squad. Hopefully, in the meantime, we can negotiate our way through a challenging December by rotating the players who are not fully match fit.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I said at the start of the season, that Taylor will be probably be gone by the summer (think I might’ve said, possibly January).  I still stand by that.

I would be more than happy for him to be a success, but in truth, i’m waiting for the emergence of Engvall :P

I am at a similar place for Woodrow and Taylor at the moment. 

No one playing up front professionally is a bad player. They will all have 'something'. The issue for me in both is are they really Championship level consistently. The difference between being a Div 1 player and a Championship one is small, but important margins. Both are not bad players, but not seen enough yet to believe they are consistently good enough for this level.

My benchmark for both of these is Agard.  Now and again he was ok, but we decided he was not quite at the level required. So far, not sure either of these two are any better.

Obviously hope I am wrong and they push on. Jury for me however still very much out.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Taylor is underrated by many of our fans purely because of where he came from.  He is the type of player who needs a run of games and the right games. He at least gets in the box, and his assist rate is good. How many times in games do we have a chance but there is no one in the box. I think he will still be here after January and will probably play against Man U .

Taylor is a good player. 

His work rate is immense and is very often overlooked. With Reid and Taylor playing we chase down defenders so much better. Neither Woodrow or Djuric do anything like the out of possession running. On top Taylor runs channels and wins the ball in the corner a lot. 

I would start Taylor with Reid and impact Djuric at some stage. It works.

The only thing that has not worked is starting Djuric. 

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

I think Taylor is underrated by many of our fans purely because of where he came from.  He is the type of player who needs a run of games and the right games. He at least gets in the box, and his assist rate is good. How many times in games do we have a chance but there is no one in the box. I think he will still be here after January and will probably play against Man U .

The Rovers baggage doesn’t come into my thinking, although it does mean i’ve seen more of him on tv than other players before they join our club.  

I like his energy, I like his competiveness, I like the hassle he puts on defenders, I like how he gets body between ball and defender.

I don’t like his touch, not quite there at this level.  I don’t like his finishing at this level.  For his decentish assist level, I don’t like his awareness of others.

So, not saying he is a bad player, just not quite there for me, and I think opportunities will be less and less with a fit (?) Djúric and a returning Diedhiou post-Xmas.  There will be a point where he wants game time.

In fact, the winter window will be a dilemma - does LJ go and get someone else in up-front....do we end up too many strikers?

On 25/11/2017 at 21:03, Flint says No said:

We cannot start next Saturday like we did today. We play Middlesbrough who are currently 7th so they will be up for it and they wouldn’t let a two goal lead slip like Hull did today. I’m sorry for speaking so negativily about an incredible comeback but I’m just saying we can’t start next week’s game as badly as we did today.

Fantastic result today. Bring on Boro!

COYR

Why has this got 4 rubbish emoticons?

3 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Nothing to do with his time at the Gas. IMO his first touch is invariably poor, he doesn't have any extra pace and for an experienced pro, he fluffs too many simple chances.

I just believe that he isn't going to be a real success at this level. Making a nuisance is not going to make him a Championship striker.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

You don't have to take everything that everyone says absolutely literally, you know.

You mean we're not the greatest football team the world, has ever seen? 

4 hours ago, Distortia said:

Side question... What exactly was so bad about this comment that made Thatch use the rubbish reaction? :P

I thought it was the only one he can access.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I see nothing that the OP said that LJ didn’t?  

A reasoned post based on evidence, how many, really, at 2 down thought we’d get a point? 

It was a good result but we had to make it so by being so shit for the 1st 65-70 mins, even the bloody Manager agrees.

The @Flint says No was perfectly reasonable in his post 

I think the rubbish votes stem more from the fact that it is sort of a bit OBVIOUS that we might lose to Boro IF we have such a bad first half as we have in the last two games. Our injury list continues to grow by the week, it seems.. and how can not be a factor to our current form?

You saying "bein so shit" is a bit uncalled for if you ask me. I'd go more for not at our best, and to be expected due to a dodgy time with injuries.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I see nothing that the OP said that LJ didn’t?  

A reasoned post based on evidence, how many, really, at 2 down thought we’d get even a point? 

It was a good result but we had to make it so by being so shit for the 1st 65-70 mins, even the bloody Manager agrees.

@Flint says No was perfectly reasonable in his post 

I had a bet on 2-2 (at 2-0).....well pissed off with Brownhill :P

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I think the rubbish votes stem more from the fact that it is sort of a bit OBVIOUS that we might lose to Boro IF we have such a bad first half as we have in the last two games. Our injury list continues to grow by the week, it seems.. and how can not be a factor to our current form?

You saying "bein so shit" is a bit uncalled for if you ask me. I'd go more for not at our best, and to be expected due to a dodgy time with injuries.

The thing is the OP is usually the most happy of supporters, he’s not a whinging git like me or a few others.  If that is his reasoned view he doesn’t deserve to get lambasted for it.

Archived