IGNORED

A fantastic comeback however...

Charlie BCFC

We cannot start next Saturday like we did today. We play Middlesbrough who are currently 7th so they will be up for it and they wouldn’t let a two goal lead slip like Hull did today. I’m sorry for speaking so negativily about an incredible comeback but I’m just saying we can’t start next week’s game as badly as we did today.

Fantastic result today. Bring on Boro!

COYR

28 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

We cannot start next Saturday like we did today. We play Middlesbrough who are currently 7th so they will be up for it and they wouldn’t let a two goal lead slip like Hull did today. I’m sorry for speaking so negativily about an incredible comeback but I’m just saying we can’t start next week’s game as badly as we did today.

COYR

We ALWAYS beat Boro. Guaranteed 3 points. As bogey teams go, we are a massive gilby up their trunk. 

15 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Flint, rather than apologies why do you even start being so negative? For those of us unable to get to the game today please tell us about the subs, the spirit of the team, the winning goal just anything but pure negativity

I’m not trying to be negative I’m just saying we can’t get off to the start we did against Hull otherwise Boro will take advantage 

City were under par against PNE and again today for around 70mins.but somehow Flint's scrappy goal triggered a complete change in City's play, weakened Hull's resolve and produced two more goals to win the game. It was if City finally refound their mojo after 160mins and now it's back in place Im not in the slightest bit concerned about Boro.

Winning when not playing well is very positive.

Hopefully we'll have Taylor or djuric up top rather than Woodrow. It's hard to put into words just how poor he was today - and Reid first half. It wasn't that hull were defensively strong or dealing with them well because as as soon as Durjic came on and did some basic hold up and flick on headers they looked very shakey. So it was poor attacking performances, that led to several dangerous counter attacks. If you can't hold up play the touch has to be good. Woodrow tackled back ok otherwise he was a liability. 

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Hopefully we'll have Taylor or djuric up top rather than Woodrow. It's hard to put into words just how poor he was today - and Reid first half. It wasn't that hull were defensively strong or dealing with them well because as as soon as Durjic came on and did some basic hold up and flick in headers they looked very shaken. So it was poor attacking performances, that led to several dangerous counter attacks. If you can't hold up play the touch has to be good. Woodrow tackled back ok otherwise he was a liability. 

Would definitely start Djuric on sat....but needs accurate passes to him and runners close to him....passing on Tuesday into him was a bit wayward. What a win mind!

1 minute ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Would definitely start Djuric on sat....but needs accurate passes to him and runners close to him....passing on Tuesday into him was a bit wayward. What a win mind!

LJ has said that he has to be 'careful' with how much game time he gives Djuric in view of his recent groin injury. It's not uncommon for the type of injury he had can lead to the same injury happening on the other side of the groin.

It sounds to me as if Djuric won't be 100% fit for quite a while yet but good for and hour most games.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ has said that he has to be 'careful' with how much game time he gives Djuric in view of his recent groin injury. It's not uncommon for the type of injury he had can lead to the same injury happening on the other side of the groin.

It sounds to me as if Djuric won't be 100% fit for quite a while yet but good for and hour most games.

I'm no expert but I guess whilst one side is broken the other side has to work harder? So therefor becomes more prone to picking up an injury?

Imo, out 'form' is purely down to injuries and some players carrying knocks and some fighting fitness.

Midfield looks tired, Reid looks tired. Now Odowda injured. Bryan hopefully coming back but will be feeling his way back.

Woodrow doesn't look the part at the moment. It's going to be a long December....

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imo, out 'form' is purely down to injuries and some players carrying knocks and some fighting fitness.

Midfield looks tired, Reid looks tired. Now Odowda injured. Bryan hopefully coming back but will be feeling his way back.

Woodrow doesn't look the part at the moment. It's going to be a long December....

Woodrow frustrates me, he doesn’t impact enough on the game. Makes the defenders life so much easier! 

Has to be Taylor/Reid or Djuric/Reid.

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

Didn't you say the same thing about November ?

Really interested in what others can see in Taylor. Lots of running around, I presume.

I can only assume the circus around taking him from the horse punchers has clouded their judgment.

2 league goals in 23 appearances, none in the last nine months..

No pace, poor in the air, a desperate first touch and a ropey old finisher. Woodrow may not be the answer, but Taylor sure as hell isn't.

The fact that he hasn't featured in the last few makes me think LJ feels the same.

If we can get to January still in the top six we need to move these 2 on and get Bobby, Famara and Milan some better support.

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm no expert but I guess whilst one side is broken the other side has to work harder? So therefor becomes more prone to picking up an injury?

Yep, I played with the left side damaged (undiagnosed at the time) and ended up doing the other....resulting in a double hernia op.  I fully expect Milan will go under the knife again at some point.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really interested in what others can see in Taylor. Lots of running around, I presume.

I can only assume the circus around taking him from the horse punchers has clouded their judgment.

No pace, poor in the air, a desperate first touch and a ropey old finisher. Woodrow may not be the answer, but Taylor sure as hell isn't.

The fact that he hasn't featured in the last few makes me think LJ feels the same.

If we can get to January still in the top six we need to move these 2 on and get Bobby, Famara and Milan some better support.

You knew I was going to agree didn’t you!  Taylor has played well in two cup games this season, i’ll give him that.

I’m disappointed that Woodrow doesn’t seem to be working out, I think he has a lot to offer.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I said it last week mate...now we have Odowda injured...it's just building up.

What is a huge credit to the club is even with all the injuries that necessitate formation and team changes we are still hanging in there and getting results .

No one's feeling sorry for themselves or using the situation as an excuse .

I'm very impressed.

( worried about December though :me?:

12 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Flint, rather than apologies why do you even start being so negative? For those of us unable to get to the game today please tell us about the subs, the spirit of the team, the winning goal just anything but pure negativity

All of that’s been covered elsewhere. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. This is not North Korean state television.

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Works hard, may not get the goals but has got quite a few assists and I think his first touch is very good. Taylor for me is still in our plans but Woodrow I agree with you.

35 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Works hard, may not get the goals but has got quite a few assists and I think his first touch is very good. Taylor for me is still in our plans but Woodrow I agree with you.

Woodrow hasn't, as yet , played himself in. 

He , like all footballers, need time to adjust to his team mates play and get up to match speed.

Perhaps it won't work out for him here but I give you " Matt Smith is Awful " and " Time to admit our 5 million pound forward is misfiring " as cautionary tales .

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Best in my opinion to completely rest 1 player per game, out of the matchday squad entirely. Im sure Bryan for example 'could' have played yesterday but it was very sensible to give him a week off.

Djuric cannot be a starter at this time because if he cannot last 90 then he is much more effective off the bench.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries and IMO the fact that we're still very much in the playoff mix is testament to the spirit of the group.

Been said many times already but 100% we would have lost that game from 2-0 down last season.

We would have lost that game from 2-0 up last season.

It was comical defending. All round, by us and by Hull. 

I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I feel we're a midfielder short. 

The spirit in this camp is amazing, they really work for each other. The squad is going to be tested even more now with more injuries. Time for those on the fringe to step up. 

13 hours ago, Flint says No said:

COYR

Spot on Flint.......the first hour or the game saw some of the worst football we have played for months and the last 30 mins was some of the best......bizarre game really!

Yesterday definitely showed how much we need a experienced quality holding midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and is creative.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He started at sheffield wednesday and was very good. Wednesday fans admitted they were relieved when he was subsituted.

The "desperate first touch" arguement is bullshit. Ill agree when he first signed i was concerned by it but there has been little wrong with it since. 

3 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

He started at sheffield wednesday and was very good. Wednesday fans admitted they were relieved when he was subsituted.

The "desperate first touch" arguement is bullshit. Ill agree when he first signed i was concerned by it but there has been little wrong with it since. 

His `desperate first touch` wasn`t too shabby v Palace.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I think the full backs area is the problem. We had 4 centre backs on the pitch yesterday and no natural outlets. Led to a lot of backwards passing from midfield.

We missed joey a lot.

I don't like to be overly critical of players but i'm yet to see woodrow keep the ball for us.

If we can ride out the injuries keeping ourselves in contention then we could be in for a very, very good season. Fingers crossed. 

Archived