IGNORED

scoring 3 away from home

where's the joy

5 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

great comeback at hull,

great result at wolves earlier in the season

BUT my happiest memory of City scoring 3 away from home was this game at Leicester City

what is your favourite 3 away from home by the city?

I was there and remember it well.

Don't think I will ever see two better goals in the same game as Ivan's and Cole's.

Cardiff away in 1989  - 3 nil win including an absolute screamer from Super Bob Taylor. My first away game.

I also really enjoyed the game at Bournemouth after Pulis had left. 3-2 to City and a day of celebration at the departure of that nasty gashead and his brand of anti-football. It really felt like a weight had been lifted from the club. There was a party atmosphere in the pub before the game and on the away terrace and the result was the icing on the cake. 

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

Cardiff away in 1989  - 3 nil win including an absolute screamer from Super Bob Taylor. My first away game.

I also really enjoyed the game at Bournemouth after Pulis had left. 3-2 to City and a day of celebration at the departure of that nasty gashead and his brand of anti-football. It really felt like a weight had been lifted from the club. There was a party atmosphere in the pub before the game and on the away terrace and the result was the icing on the cake. 

Good shout

, or the five at Swansea the same season

:clapping:

Leyton Orient in the promotion season.

1-0 down, their fans giving it the biggun, then we won 3-1. 

Heavily watered the pitch at half time, so much so that there was actual puddles forming iirc. Guessing that was to try stop us playing our football

I believe their manager refused to shake Cotterills hand at full time as well. 

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Heavily watered the pitch at half time, so much so that there was actual puddles forming iirc. Guessing that was to try stop us playing our football

And the girl doing her ironing in her undies in the flats next to the away end :whistle:

Autumn 1972 away to Pompey and City won 3-0. A young lad from Singapore was interviewed by the ET. He claimed to have always supported us for some reason, but this was the first time he had seen us live. So many of us were really pleased for him.

On a personal level, in 1978 I was in the RAF stationed near Norwich. Due to an exercise, I couldn't make the short trip down the A140 to Ipswich, so missed City winning there. In the years since I've been there many times and come away with a draw at best. I was at Portman Road this season though!

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If we can go for more than 3 - then this:

If we go for more than 3, my favourite must be Shrewsbury 1 - 5 City, with John Atyeo scoring 4. The match that set up promotion to division 2. Unfortunately, no YouTube highlights, as in those days the only visual records of any match were provided by an artist doing a quick sketch. The sketch below is of John Atyeo scoring his second goal, though obviously he should be no. 9, not no. 4. I’m standing behind the goal just to the right 

A2790474-3177-49D2-9AF2-742D6AEC71EB.jpeg

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

My fave was awAy at Millwall in the 90s We had the Temptations playing up front. Allison, Cole, Rosenior. We were safe and Ateveld scored a dream oggy. 

Remember it well! Danny Baker was still doing 606 back then and said that if any player ever scored an own goal like that the tannoy should play circus music.

23 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Thought you'd beaten me to it but I was going to say the game the year before of the same scoreline, not long after Cotterill arrived.

They were flying high whilst we were still in the relegation zone at that point I believe. Couple of hundred City fully expecting to be soundly beaten, we arrived at the ground bewildered to find Baldock appeared to be starting on the right wing, then even more bewildered to find ourselves 2 up in next to no time!

Great night, great laugh with the Orient fans in the flats by the away corner, and there was a sense that we might finally have bottomed out, that we were on the way back up. Haven't looked back since!

Interestingly, 5 current first-teamers were in the squad that day: Frankie, Flint, Pack, Bryan and Bobby

On 26/11/2017 at 11:12, where's the joy said:

great comeback at hull,

great result at wolves earlier in the season

BUT my happiest memory of City scoring 3 away from home was this game at Leicester City

what is your favourite 3 away from home by the city?

Was there that night. Sno was class. Why GJ didn't play him in centre mid is beyond me. 

Archived