IGNORED

When was the...

Alex_BCFC

34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

One on you lot - have you all forgotten Mansfield away? 4-2 down with minutes to go and City won 5-4!

I think it was mentioned in the first post. I don’t think we were 2/0 down there. 

Point is 2/0 down or two down. It doesn’t happen very often 

No clue other than the obvious Mansfield. While City's comeback probably takes the honours for the best one this weekend, in England, in Europe the honour has to go to Shalke; 4 down to Dortmund inside 25 first half minutes and still 4 down until the 61st when they scored 4 in the last 29 minutes. A pulsating match to watch too as most Revierderbies are.

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Derby away 2-0 down won 4-3 I think, 90's ?

Great match. I remember us getting absolutely battered until they had a player sent off, which completely changed the game. I think it was their goalie who got sent off and as it was the days before substitute keepers their influential midfielder went in goal and they lost their grip of the game.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Top HTV coverage that. 

Steve Sutton was the keeper and was sent off for rugby tackling Gary Shelton I think. Was it Andy Comyn who went in goal? I think they had Paul Simpson playing too who always used to score loads against us a la Steve Bull - he may have got a couple that day too.

The chief got the winner, I can still see it nestling in the back of their net to this day.

38 minutes ago, Offside said:

Great match. I remember us getting absolutely battered until they had a player sent off, which completely changed the game. I think it was their goalie who got sent off and as it was the days before substitute keepers their influential midfielder went in goal and they lost their grip of the game.

Good day out until someone got hit with a flying brick on the way out , young girl I think it was. I should be able to upload the video soon.

18 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Top HTV coverage that. 

Pretty sure it was the Midlands version, Greavesy was on it and I think Jon Sillett. Not seen it for a while but I'll get round to it soon.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Steve Sutton was the keeper and was sent off for rugby tackling Gary Shelton I think. Was it Andy Comyn who went in goal? I think they had Paul Simpson playing too who always used to score loads against us a la Steve Bull - he may have got a couple that day too.

The chief got the winner, I can still see it nestling in the back of their net to this day.

Pretty sure it was Paul Williams went in goal. Andy Comyn came on as CB and scored an own goal. Think Simpson scored a hat trick. 
We were getting absolutely mullered until the sending off, after I'm sure we even had a Jr Bent goal disallowed.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Derby away 2-0 down won 4-3 I think, 90's ?

Wasn't it one of the first league games we'd played on a Sunday?  Remember going up to this game on the train from London.  It was all a little tense in the train station afterwards....

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Good day out until someone got hit with a flying brick on the way out , young girl I think it was. I should be able to upload the video soon.

Pretty sure it was the Midlands version, Greavesy was on it and I think Jon Sillett. Not seen it for a while but I'll get round to it soon.

On HTV we had Roger Malone commentating. 

27 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Wasn't it one of the first league games we'd played on a Sunday?  Remember going up to this game on the train from London.  It was all a little tense in the train station afterwards....

Yep, Sunday 6th September 1992. I checked 

Archived