IGNORED

Manchester Tickets Tomorrow

YCbrs

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Think someone confirmed this earlier in the thread, yes.

So anyone moaning that they can’t get a ticket, can..?! They just need to put themselves in the same boat as everyone else who qualifies for one. 

Absolutely nothing for anyone to moan about then and everyone has every possible opportunity of getting a ticket..! 

Yet some on here claim they are going to miss out?! Well, no. It’s not rocket science to get one is it?!

And before anyone claims that £20 + a ‘boro ticket + a Man Utd is too much for one game, it’s not ONE game, it’s TWO games plus the membership benefits for the remainder of the season. 

29 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Not letting me get a tickets despite having been to a couple of games this season. Looks like I'm not going then!

Are you definitely logged in? Were both games definitely assigned to your membership? Sorry if these are obvious questions, just trying to help.

You have time to get this sorted before the next priority period begins.

41 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just to add - your proposal is exactly how it was for Hull in 2008, before we had a membership scheme. We averaged about 17k at home that season. After STH, we sold 30,000 tickets via general sale in 20 minutes and took 40k to the game. I have personal friends who’ve supported the club their entire life and went to countless games that season who didn’t get a ticket that day. You think that’s fair?

Exactly what happened to me...20 mins of holding on the phone & refreshing the website until they'd all gone! Hadn't missed a home game that season either...bought a ST pretty quickly after that though. The way Bristol Sport have done it this time is the fairest way possible IMO.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So anyone moaning that they can’t get a ticket, can..?! They just need to put themselves in the same boat as everyone else who qualifies for one. 

Absolutely nothing for anyone to moan about then and everyone has every possible opportunity of getting a ticket..! 

Yet some on here claim they are going to miss out?! Well, no. It’s not rocket science to get one is it?!

And before anyone claims that £20 + a ‘boro ticket + a Man Utd is too much for one game, it’s not ONE game, it’s TWO games plus the membership benefits for the remainder of the season. 

Doesn’t even need to be a Boro ticket. Any game on sale will do.

Completely agree though, no one can complain that they haven’t been given a fair chance.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Membership lasts for one year from date of purchase.

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you definitely logged in? Were both games definitely assigned to your membership? Sorry if these are obvious questions, just trying to help.

You have time to get this sorted before the next priority period begins.

Same happened to me this morning , I rang the ticket office , held for 10 minutes .... they checked and validated my details  and sorted over the phone for me. Said they had had a few instances similar through the morning 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Great idea. First come, first served. So locally-based United fans are given just as much chance as non-STH regulars. One big bunfight for tickets with no attempt to distinguish between genuine supporters and plastics - and the potential for huge numbers of genuine fans to miss out.

The club have taken very sensible measures to prioritise real fans of the club with the booking history to prove it. They are to be applauded for that. It is not their fault you can’t make many games at the moment. 

Your suggestion wouldn’t improve matters, it would make it worse. Think it through.

To your first paragraph, I would reply: that's life. I've lost count of the times I've wanted to buy tickets to see a band I love, only to find that they've sold out in 60 seconds and then appear on ticket websites for five times the face value.

Secondly, 'real fans of the club with the booking history to prove it'? Right. So someone who's been to four games this season is automatically more of a real fan than someone who's followed the club home and away on dozens of occasions.

Thirdly, if the club are so concerned about rewarding genuine fans for their loyalty, why are they charging Premier League prices for this match? And why are they asking £15 to park in some areas? 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

To your first paragraph, I would reply: that's life. I've lost count of the times I've wanted to buy tickets to see a band I love, only to find that they've sold out in 60 seconds and then appear on ticket websites for five times the face value.

Secondly, 'real fans of the club with the booking history to prove it'? Right. So someone who's been to four games this season is automatically more of a real fan than someone who's followed the club home and away on dozens of occasions.

Thirdly, if the club are so concerned about rewarding genuine fans for their loyalty, why are they charging Premier League prices for this match? And why are they asking £15 to park in some areas? 

I didn't realise the club were charging people fifteen quid to park. Where exactly have they found spaces?

As for the prices.

£11 Plymouth

£12 Stoke

£15 Palace

£31 Manchester

That's four home games for seventy quid, three of them against premier league teams.

Hardly strong money.

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Someone who has been to four home games probably do go to dozens of Home and away games all season. I’ve been to 3 away games and 1 Home far, I’ve got 3 more Home tickets so I can make this game. I believe I should get priority over someone who never goes. Why shouldn’t I?  Why should it go to general sale so a United fan could get a ticket instead of me? 

If you havent got a ticket now, at the stage where you only need to go to 1 Home game between August and Jan then sorry but that’s not the clubs fault. How do the club know you’ve been to “dozens” of games, when you haven’t even turnt up once this season?

The club has nothing to do with parking by the way and they are charging Premier League prices as it’s a Premier League Team, and it’s hardly putting anyone off, look at the tickets sales.

You’re making yourself look like an absolute muppet. Moaning for the sake of moaning. 

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I didn't realise the club were charging people fifteen quid to park. Where exactly have they found spaces?

As for the prices.

£11 Plymouth

£12 Stoke

£15 Palace

£31 Manchester

That's four home games for seventy quid, three of them against premier league teams.

Hardly strong money.

Re parking, My season ticket parking permit only covers league games....and it is £15 to get it for the Utd game.  I can’t complain I get a free carers ticket so Joe pays £15, and then £15 for parking - decent value overall.

We’ve been to all the cup games, been great value for an u12.

- as for other posts:

I really think the club came up with as Fair a system as possible.  Always gonna be losers, but greater number of winners.

I don’t get the ‘I’m a bigger fan because I’ve been watching since x’.  It’s not about being a bigger or lesser fan, it’s about coming up with a system that can’t be abused, especially by Utd fans.  It’s a commercial operation, with future marketing spin-offs for existing members, which has increased by at least 3000 new members (half season tickets) as a result of this game.  That’s circa £600k before you add 45% of ticket sales....not forgetting those who’ve pushed themselves up the priority list by buying future games where they might not have.

Imho, the club have shown a professional approach to this game.

The only thing i’ll Moan about us when I get to the car park and find the stewards have given my parking space to someone else (3 or 4 times already this season) again!  Got to park where the players park the other week.  Got the kids peering in through the windows trying to work out who I was!  No I’m not the mystery player at Hull :P

33 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Just take the L and move on. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re parking, My season ticket parking permit only covers league games....and it is £15 to get it for the Utd game.  I can’t complain I get a free carers ticket so Joe pays £15, and then £15 for parking - decent value overall.

We’ve been to all the cup games, been great value for an u12.

- as for other posts:

I really think the club came up with as Fair a system as possible.  Always gonna be losers, but greater number of winners.

I don’t get the ‘I’m a bigger fan because I’ve been watching since x’.  It’s not about being a bigger or lesser fan, it’s about coming up with a system that can’t be abused, especially by Utd fans.  It’s a commercial operation, with future marketing spin-offs for existing members, which has increased by at least 3000 new members (half season tickets) as a result of this game.  That’s circa £600k before you add 45% of ticket sales....not forgetting those who’ve pushed themselves up the priority list by buying future games where they might not have.

Imho, the club have shown a professional approach to this game.

The only thing i’ll Moan about us when I get to the car park and find the stewards have given my parking space to someone else (3 or 4 times already this season) again!  Got to park where the players park the other week.  Got the kids peering in through the windows trying to work out who I was!  No I’m not the mystery player at Hull :P

I think you are giving Joe far too much pocket money if he can afford to pay for his match ticket AND parking!

I'll wager he is already thinking about Santa as well.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think you are giving Joe far too much pocket money if he can afford to pay for his match ticket AND parking!

I'll wager he is already thinking about Santa as well.

Technically the car (now a van) is his too!

He never pays for his haircuts either.

He’s done me up like a kipper!

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nothing wrong with the prices for this game.  Pretty sure everyone will want us to sign a £5m striker in the summer.  No problem with the club charging more for the biggest game we have had for years.

Will be second biggest game this season when we win and get to the semi.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

They're not charging 'premier league prices' the price is our current gold tier price and Utd is definitely a gold tier game. We're not being over charged for this we got a reduced rate in the previous rounds in an attempt to fill the stadium.

53 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

So you’re moaning that your 300 games over 30 years doesn’t give you any priority but when I suggest that your “first come, first served” approach would reduce still further the number of genuine supporters able to purchase tickets, your answer is “That’s life”?

And you think that’s a cohesive argument?

The club aren’t defining who the “real fans” are. They are attempting to ensure tickets are given to genuine supporters using the only evidence available to them. That’s far closer to a fair system than your free-for-all ticket tombola.

As for pricing, they are charging gold category prices for a hugely popular fixture that would have sold out at much higher cost. The club is not a charity.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you’re moaning that your 300 games over 30 years doesn’t give you any priority but when I suggest that your “first come, first served” approach would reduce still further the number of genuine supporters able to purchase tickets, your answer is “That’s life”?

And you think that’s a cohesive argument?

The club aren’t defining who the “real fans” are. They are attempting to ensure tickets are given to genuine supporters using the only evidence available to them. That’s far closer to a fair system than your free-for-all ticket tombola.

As for pricing, they are charging gold category prices for a hugely popular fixture that would have sold out at much higher cost. The club is not a charity.

I can't really be bothered with this debate any more. I wasn't originally moaning, I was musing and because I was in a bad mood today, it escalated a little bit. I'm not really all that hung up about it

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So you seriously think the club should change a pretty fair ticket allocation policy to suit you, someone who can’t get to games much, really??  #mindblown

A loyalty scheme for those of us exiled  from AG wouldn't be a bad idea though eh?

Ive spent 30 of my exiled years in the southern half of the country so getting to AG was although expensive, logistically things were manageable.

Now that Ive been based up north the last 5 years, getting to AG is not possible, however I travel to and spend a large amount of money watching city. If only we had an away loyalty system where our attendance could be measured and rewarded; rather than a member who's allegiance is to a basketball team!

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's a reward system created to give people who have already spent money on the club this season a good chance to get hold of a ticket.

It's not about your previous fandom over the years. If you don't go now you don't get a ticket.

It's funny that you can't get to games very often but suddenly Manchester United are in town and you can make that one. If you'd been able to attend more games and held a membership you'd have no problem.

You seem to be on your own in your thought process. There are countless people who think live music ticketing systems are poor and you seem to be one of them so why should the club take that poor approach used in the music industry instead of rewarding people? Seems a bit of a backwards step.

Why are they charging more? Supply and demand. Why do Premiership clubs charge more than non-league?

Ultimately you're upset the system hasn't benefitted you and you alone. Nobody here feels sorry for you.

Feel free to buy an inflated ticket online.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

A loyalty scheme for those of us exiled  from AG wouldn't be a bad idea though eh?

Ive spent 30 of my exiled years in the southern half of the country so getting to AG was although expensive, logistically things were manageable.

Now that Ive been based up north the last 5 years, getting to AG is not possible, however I travel to and spend a large amount of money watching city. If only we had an away loyalty system where our attendance could be measured and rewarded; rather than a member who's allegiance is to a basketball team!

If someone's allegiance is to the Flyers basketball team and they don't go to any Bristol City games they have the same priority as you if you bought a £20 membership.

Complete non-issue there.

6 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

That’s a different issue though, and whilst not a bad idea, it doesn’t mean the club got this game wrong

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just out of interest (I already have my ticket) IF someone wanted to buy a membership now and loaded the ‘Boro or Forest game on under their ticket tonight, would they then be able to buy a ticket for the Man Utd match tomorrow, if still available..? 

Only issue with that is are they only selling memberships to people already on the database or are they selling memberships with a match ticket to anyone? If the latter then that would seem to open up sales to a lot of plastics/locally based Man  U fans...

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only issue with that is are they only selling memberships to people already on the database or are they selling memberships with a match ticket to anyone? If the latter then that would seem to open up sales to a lot of plastics/locally based Man  U fans...

But at this stage you’d think that everyone who doesn’t class as you describe them, should already have a ticket, or st least had their chance to get one. 

Archived